Argyle v Doncaster Match Thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle v Doncaster Match Thread

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
If I was a Donny fan I would feel very aggrieved going home with nothing other than a host of yellow cards. It's football though and it will be us cursing our luck another day. Another 3 points in the bag though even with a below par performance which is always a good sign. The top four are opening a small gap and with another home game on Tuesday a great chance for us to consolidate in the leading group. If we aren't careful though we are going to earn a reputation with another 8 minutes added on today🙂

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Different teams, different challenges & it is not a given that the team you face will be a walk over
Yes we went 1 down but this team has a never say die attitude- they continued to play their game & knew there chances would come - the composure of Jephs & Conor tells you everything about there mindset
Not every game is going to be pretty watch- we grinded out a win against a stubborn frustrating team who are scrapping for every point
The mentality of this team is top notch, they dont want to lose at any cost & will fight tooth & nail till the end to get 3pts
We move on to Crewe on Tuesday who will probably give us a different challenge

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019
"Putting aside the horrific manner of the defeat, they have a good home record at their miserable, isolated, back woods hovel, so even 2-1 not a bad result in isolation."

Someone in Doncaster dont rate us much :ROFLMAO: (forum)

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
If I was a Donny fan I would feel very aggrieved going home with nothing other than a host of yellow cards. It's football though and it will be us cursing our luck another day. Another 3 points in the bag though even with a below par performance which is always a good sign. The top four are opening a small gap and with another home game on Tuesday a great chance for us to consolidate in the leading group. If we aren't careful though we are going to earn a reputation with another 8 minutes added on today🙂
I don’t think the 8 minutes were down to us. The ref was abysmal- and they took ages on everything when it was 1-1

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Great result today. I thought the team looked tired today, just a little off the pace, but what an attitude, Wilson's stop on the line, the injury time winner. Last season we would have lost this 2-1 or 3-1. and this season we win 2-1. Just the difference in mentality, quality and experience in the team make those little important moments go our way.

Loving being an Argyle fan right now, and they are giving us so much entertainment and drama too. Love it!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
"Putting aside the horrific manner of the defeat, they have a good home record at their miserable, isolated, back woods hovel, so even 2-1 not a bad result in isolation."

Someone in Doncaster dont rate us much :ROFLMAO: (forum)

:ROFLMAO:

They have a smaller stadium, smaller town (not a city), and a smaller club.

:ROFLMAO::unsure:

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
Grinding out the result is what we haven’t been able to do for too long. Should have against Portsmouth, did it today. We look jaded though which is worrying. but, I think there is better depth on the bench now than for a while too. Hope expectations stay in check

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Ref was carp, team tired, result awesome. Really tense watch today, Doncaster not a bottom 3 team, did a great job pressing and will start to get results very soon.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Possibly the worst Argyle performance this season and somehow we still won.

Looking at highlights first pen was generous, but the 2nd was clear. Shame for their keeper who played well up to that moment.

Still, grinding out these 3 points is something we've struggled with for years, early days but so far this season we're looking good

Reactions: Ironman