Argyle v Crewe Match Thread | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Crewe Match Thread

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
FT

Happy with that, considering I had it down as a defeat from the opening whistle through to when Hardie equalised.

Four points from two very awkward looking home games.

Reactions: Chip green
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Strange game. They weren't as good as Donny, but we didn't make our possession count. 4 points from the two games about right.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
4 points from 2 home games is OK. Look where we were against Doncaster Saturday...staring down the barrel.
So all in all its satisfactory. Its injuries I'm concerned about at the moment.

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
Have refs been told this season to make a thing about taking extra steps on throws? Every ref we have seems to be super pedantic about it.

Jul 11, 2011
Players looked knackered. Camara, Edwards, Hardie, Houghton all had nothing in their legs come the end. Lack of squad depth showed through tonight due to injuries.

Garrick was awful and i thought Agard should have come on earlier.

Take a point as we battled hard.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Donny and Crewe will not be where they are now come May. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them pushing at the last play off spot.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I don't think we did enough to win the game. I think we're struggling with strength in depth because of our injuries
It means we can't rotate as we'd like to and players are tired. Just got to hang in there at the moment.

4 from 6 is decent.

Sep 3, 2011
FT

Happy with that, considering I had it down as a defeat from the opening whistle through to when Hardie equalised.

Four points from two very awkward looking home games.
2 points dropped, especially when you consider 80% of Argyles opposition so far has been bottom half of the table

Jun 17, 2006
Reading
We’ve played two teams of the current top 12 in the opening 10 games. A good performance at Lincoln is required to keep the momentum. Onwards and upwards.

Jun 27, 2019
2 points dropped, especially when you consider 80% of Argyles opposition so far has been bottom half of the table
Yeah, my view exactly.

There's a pattern emerging in our home games...

1-1 v Cambridge
1-1 v Fleetwood
1-1 v Crewe

And but for last-gasp goals against Gillingham and Doncaster we would have had quite the collection of 1-1 draws against teams we need to beat if we're going to establish ourselves as promotion contenders.

Was the Wednesday game a freak result? Or did RL just have us super motivated for that one?

For me we're lacking a little bit of creativity to unlock packed defences at home. I love Pan, but he's never going to thread a pass through the eye of a needle or bang one in from 30 yards. That puts all the pressure on Ryan Broom, who tried his best tonight but it didn't really happen for him - apart from his contribution to the goal.

We need Mayor back, or to try George Cooper out in midfield. Anything to give us a different set of tools to overcome the Crewes of this world at home.

Aug 24, 2009
I thought it was an entertaining game, they scored a fluk goal and after that we should have scored a couple of times. Cooper made some fantastic saves and kept us in the game until Hardie scored. We should have one but at lease we didn't lose. I am confused why he brought on Jarrett instead of Laws to play on the left side. Jarrettt looked lost until he had a couple of runs and then let himself down with his final ball.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We are not going to win every game- the early goal probably took the wind out of our sails but we stuck at it
This team are not a bunch of quitters & have shown they can come from behind
I do not understand the meltdown because it is assumed we should be beating the teams at the bottom of the league by a bucketload- football does not work like that
We have only played 10 games & we are still unbeaten in 9 games - the league is not won in September
I am more concerned about the players that were subbed (Conor & Willo) will they be available for Saturday

Reactions: Chip green