Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

Mar 16, 2009
London
Don't really understand why we need two commentators. I have watched many games over the years that have only one. A lot less wordy, we don't have to be told every single play because we can see it. Rob is good to listen to but Gaz is not. IMO.
Fully agree with you about Gary Sawyer, Keith. Appreciate he‘s a recent player with an affiliation to the current regime, which is a plus, but he’s not equipped for broadcasting, imo.

Rob McNicholl is long-winded, too. He improves with Ian Stonebridge alongside him though.

I seem to remember Martin Gritton being a decent foil too.

Reactions: Greendawe
Jul 7, 2006
Due to family medical reasons I have not been able to renew my season ticket and may never be able to do so again.
During lockdown I had no trouble using ifollow but this option no longer appears to be available.
I cannot find how to use Argyle TV which I assumed was the ifollow replacement. Please can anyone give me some simple instructions on how I can watch(or at least try to watch) home games on a pay per match system like ifollow.

Oct 14, 2019
Llantwit Major
Sorry that you can no longer watch live football. As yet Argyle TV have only given information on viewing to international supporters. They are soon to give instruction to UK based supporters. In the meantime the friendlies, up to now, are available to watch for free but you will have to register again through the PAFC website. Log on as normal( it's next to the Ginster advert) and register. Select Argyle TV and watch as normal.

Mar 14, 2009
Due to family medical reasons I have not been able to renew my season ticket and may never be able to do so again.
During lockdown I had no trouble using ifollow but this option no longer appears to be available.
I cannot find how to use Argyle TV which I assumed was the ifollow replacement. Please can anyone give me some simple instructions on how I can watch(or at least try to watch) home games on a pay per match system like ifollow.
Until the government lift the 3pm ban. There is nothing you can do legally.

There are alternative work around methods. The same way U.K people can access U.S. version of Netflix, for example.

l hope somebody see sense to give the U.K. Argyle fans the same broadcasting rights to our overseas friends. There are many Argyle fans with health issues, not just because of Covid-19, who would like to watch Argyle games live.

Dec 3, 2005
I thought the coverage was very good, especially considering it was only the second time of doing it.
Erin was very natural and a breath of fresh air - although her voice was out of sync with her lips, hopefully that just needs a little adjustment. The Commentator only gave us the amount of time left in the game, just before the 4th Official told us, which without the clock on the screen was slightly annoying. But when the clock is there alongside the score, I can't see much to complain about.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Until the government lift the 3pm ban. There is nothing you can do legally.

There are alternative work around methods. The same way U.K people can access U.S. version of Netflix, for example.

l hope somebody see sense to give the U.K. Argyle fans the same broadcasting rights to our overseas friends. There are many Argyle fans with health issues, not just because of Covid-19, who would like to watch Argyle games live.
Can't see it happening Mickey. Surely this is the same as the situation pre-pandemic, and I don't recall anyone complaining then. It would require a change to the legislation, which is in place to protect real attendances. Would you want to compromise that to allow a handful of (albeit deserving) fans to see the games?

Apr 9, 2011
Sorry but its a massively different scenario now to what it was pre covid & the powers that be should realise this & take into consideration re streaming live matches.
My good lady is on the extremely vunerable register & much as i would have loved to renew my season ticket for that reason alone its not practical & am sure i am not alone in that situation
A subscription to Argyle TV & the chance to watch the team on a Saturday afternoon would mean so much to myself & many others in our situation

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Q - I've sent you a PM. 🤙

May 8, 2011
Sorry but its a massively different scenario now to what it was pre covid & the powers that be should realise this & take into consideration re streaming live matches.
My good lady is on the extremely vunerable register & much as i would have loved to renew my season ticket for that reason alone its not practical & am sure i am not alone in that situation
A subscription to Argyle TV & the chance to watch the team on a Saturday afternoon would mean so much to myself & many others in our situation
If the block on televising/streaming matches at 3pm on a Saturday is lifted then Sky, BT and all the other TV companies will be able to broadcast matches.
I’m not sure EFL clubs would appreciate that, pubs might though.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
For lower League clubs gate revenue remains their primary source of income. As we come out of the ravages of a COVID impacted season many if not most of those clubs would be reluctant to expose themselves to the competition of live streaming for home games at least until finances are at best stabilised. I can’t see the EFL agreeing to this in the short term. There may be scope for live streaming of some of the non-FA Cup competitions. Away matches may be different and operated on an annual subscription or pay per game basis.

I wonder if a compromise for home matches might be a live pre-match visual feed. A live audio only match commentary.A short clip of highlights at half time and again at full time much as Sky do for EFL games on non-Premiership weekends and some mid-weeks.

A live pre-match feed could be an interview with someone from team management after the team is announced. Interviews with a variety of people at Argyle who are normall off camera behind the scenes. For example Darren Way of the Academy, Jimmy Dickinson on the analytics, one of the fitness teams etc - all assuming it can be accommodated in pare-match time slot. Other interviews could be with the former player (s)at the game, any of the Directors, members of the media team, Zak Newton, Andrew Parkinson, someone from the Argyle Community Trust etc.etc. Even some fans at the game! Plenty to work with to give a greater insight into the club and how it operates. There is in my view plenty of opportunity to make the output interesting and informative.

Feb 13, 2021
I really like the new Argyle website and the Argyle TV, a great improvement. Well done Argyle an investment that I’m sure will benefit both fans and the club.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
After boasting last week about how great it had been, it was my turn for a few technical problems tonight - karma 🙄Four identical problems, in fact, the number of times I was unceremoniously kicked out of the stream for no reason. All I had to do was refresh and start the stream again so no biggie. This was a wired connection from an iPad so not a WiFi casting issue, and I have very high internet speeds.

Otherwise all good and payment via PayPal took 30 seconds start to finish, very professional. However, I would have liked to have watched from another device than the one I paid with but I couldn’t find a way to do that, it seemed to be linked to the payment screen rather than my account. If this not just a problem at my end then a token for login would be better.

Production and features all excellent, again.

Aug 31, 2006
I see UK customers cannot watch LIVE streams of the game on Argyle TV for the upcoming season. Do you think they will introduce a Pay Per View premium on top of the £45 a year subscription to watch live? I see international subs can view live games.