Argyle tv (live on Saturday's?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle tv (live on Saturday's?)

Apr 30, 2011
Just replying to your question about if he could watch at 3pm on Saturday.
Now I'm gonna bite.

You said 'no exceptions for the disabled'.

You could have said 'no exceptions for anyperson'.

Why did you choose to mention the disability? As I said before, I only mentioned it explain why he struggles to get to games.

Sep 6, 2006
Now I'm gonna bite.

You said 'no exceptions for the disabled'.

You could have said 'no exceptions for anyperson'.

Why did you choose to mention the disability? As I said before, I only mentioned it explain why he struggles to get to games.
You mentioned the disability. I didn't understand why you asked about the 3pm games on Saturdays that's all.

Aug 24, 2005
Of course it is!

It seems to be that UEFA allow local authorities to create a ban if they want to:

"According to the rules of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), members are allowed to decide a two-and-a-half-hour window over the weekend during which live football games cannot be broadcast. The football associations of England, Scotland and Montenegro are the only countries to apply it. ..."

See Economist article this is from, although you can only read to here before the paywall.

Aug 24, 2005
How could he watch Saturday 3pm games in the UK!? They don't make exceptions for the disabled.
But he will be able to watch abroad as it recognizes the ip address.
Are you sure it works off the IP address? I thought I read on one of the match threads last year, that because the credit card address the account was registered with was in the UK, then it didn't allow access to 3pm Saturday kick offs.

So I'm not sure the <cough, cough> VPN routing will work either.

It might be worth testing on a single game first before committing to a season pass if this is the goal.

Reactions: Greencat26
Sep 6, 2006
Are you sure it works off the IP address? I thought I read on one of the match threads last year, that because the credit card address the account was registered with was in the UK, then it didn't allow access to 3pm Saturday kick offs.

So I'm not sure the <cough, cough> VPN routing will work either.

It might be worth testing on a single game first before committing to a season pass if this is the goal.
Worked for me.

Aug 24, 2005
Not just with the EFL. That Saturday curfew is backed by UEFA.
ARTICLE 3
TRANSMISSION-FREE PERIODS
1 Each member association may decide on two and a half hours on a Saturday or a Sunday during which any Transmission of football may be prohibited within the territory of the relevant member association. This prohibition shall apply only to intentional Transmissions.

The UEFA Rules allow the member association to decide on a transmission ban. Most countries associations don't. England's does.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
ARTICLE 3
TRANSMISSION-FREE PERIODS
1 Each member association may decide on two and a half hours on a Saturday or a Sunday during which any Transmission of football may be prohibited within the territory of the relevant member association. This prohibition shall apply only to intentional Transmissions.

The UEFA Rules allow the member association to decide on a transmission ban. Most countries associations don't. England's does.
Are we still in England or have we left? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bryan Tregunna

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Andy Holt at Accrington is very unhappy with EFL i follow and has withdrawn.

His letter is in the link. Seems Stanley's Boxing Day game will be streamed with a likely loss of attendance at a club that needs gate revenue perhaps more than many others in the third tier.

I do agree. Any revenue from streaming should go to the home side in the same way as ticket income unless they want to return to the away side taking a third of the gate receipts.