Argyle tv (live on Saturday's?) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle tv (live on Saturday's?)

Apr 9, 2011
Anyone know if there has been any more movement on Argyle TV covering matches other than Tuesday evening KO
I know obviously SH is keen on this as there was a thread on this a few weeks ago but obviously the sticking point will be the EFL

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Anyone know if there has been any more movement on Argyle TV covering matches other than Tuesday evening KO
I know obviously SH is keen on this as there was a thread on this a few weeks ago but obviously the sticking point will be the EFL
Not just with the EFL. That Saturday curfew is backed by UEFA.

Apr 30, 2011
My Dad (not a PASOTI poster and bit of an IT biff) will be abroad sporadically during the season. If he pays for the Argyle TV season ticket, presumably he can watch it when abroad, even though the ticket is registered to his home address?

What about the Saturday 3 o'clock games, will he be able to watch them whilst back in the UK? He is disabled so doesn't particularly enjoy going to games, especially when it's wet.

Reactions: ming the merciless

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The Saturday curfew is not only an obstacle for Argyle TV. As a Palace fan who paid for online access to all under 18 and under 23 matches last season, couldn’t watch any game played on a Saturday with a kick off from 1pm onwards. Our last pre season friendly will also not be shown online because it is the opening match day for EFL clubs.

Sep 6, 2006
The Saturday curfew is not only an obstacle for Argyle TV. As a Palace fan who paid for online access to all under 18 and under 23 matches last season, couldn’t watch any game played on a Saturday with a kick off from 1pm onwards. Our last pre season friendly will also not be shown online because it is the opening match day for EFL clubs.
It's a hard life!

Sep 6, 2006
It is a UEFA rule not an EFL rule. LC is correct.

Should Brexit mean we can ignore the rule, it could be a positive from Brexit and could be added to the thread on the Opinions board (or be the first positive).
Take it you are not serious in being able to ignore Uefa?

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
My Dad (not a PASOTI poster and bit of an IT biff) will be abroad sporadically during the season. If he pays for the Argyle TV season ticket, presumably he can watch it when abroad, even though the ticket is registered to his home address?

What about the Saturday 3 o'clock games, will he be able to watch them whilst back in the UK? He is disabled so doesn't particularly enjoy going to games, especially when it's wet.
Yes to the first bit.
No to the second bit, in theory (cough "VPN" cough)

Sep 6, 2006

How could he watch Saturday 3pm games in the UK!? They don't make exceptions for the disabled.
But he will be able to watch abroad as it recognizes the ip address.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Take it you are not serious in being able to ignore Uefa?
I fully understand why it is there but I was just pointing out that the ban goes so deep that it even includes academy football.

I am not in favour of lifting the ban or even ignoring the ban. I do understand that it is frustrating if you cannot watch your own team’s games when they are available outside the country. However giving big clubs the ability to swamp the market with their own output at most likely a price point that smaller clubs will not be able to match, will not be good for those small clubs.

Established supporters will always be loyal but this won’t help in attracting the next generation. By the time kids are ready for the live product in a stadium they will already have chosen their club based on what they have been exposed to.

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Apr 30, 2011
How could he watch Saturday 3pm games in the UK!? They don't make exceptions for the disabled.
But he will be able to watch abroad as it recognizes the ip address.
I don't think he'd be interested in an exception for being disabled. I was trying to explain why he struggles/doesn't enjoy going to live games at HP.