Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet!

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
How about we wait until we have seen the assembled squad in full and how they are performing against division 1 opponents before we decide whether we are world beaters or whether we need to get a rope and hang ourselves eh?
This goes for all Clubs except the top half of Plastic Land. Until the managers have signed their squads we are all just guessing.
The Premier League top 10 we all know what they have and more or less where theyll finish up.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I usually try a yankee bet. 11 bets in one. Pick the champions of each of our top 4 leagues. It's one 4 timer 4 3 timers and 6 doubles.
It's very difficult to get all 4.
Liverpool 6-1 Sheffield Utd 13-2 Sunderland 8-1 and Bradford 7-1 but until the transfer main business of all the 92 (is it still 92?) clubs is done it's best to wait and see.
For example Oil City FC could end up with Kane and Grealish yet...obscene money yes.
Last year I missed out the Prem and did an e.w. Patent bet.
3 x e.w. singles (good way to get some money back if one of your teams wins their league!), 3 x e.w. doubles and an e.w. treble.
£5 e.w. x 7 bets = £70 squid!!

Would have got £10k+ if all had won the League but had to settle for £13.75!! 😁

I don't bet a lot as it is a losing game but £70 for a season's 'fun'??
At least gives you an interest in results in other divisions.

Reactions: Andy B.
Sep 6, 2006
I don't suppose many fans have their teams to go down. Somebody has to! Let's hope these fantastic performances some have seen in psf including hammering the mighty Torquay continue in the real world, especially the defence. I just don't see where the goals will come from. Jephcott- doesn't seem realistic at the moment. Hardie - what did he get last season? 6 was it? We know all about Mayor's finishing. Houghton doesn't historically score many. Camara isn't the best of finishers. Worrying.

Jul 6, 2011
Don't think it was just our defence that died in the 2nd half of the season, very few goals scored and that midfield was a surrender monkey. Both Grant and Mayor gave balls to an opposition player from which they scored and as for Camara did he actually make a forward run in that period? I am so glad to see the back of Fornah as well...
I can quite understand the bookies after last season, hopefully we can shock everyone.
COYG!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
So do you seem rising above 6'3" central defenders and powering in headers Davie?
I could have predicted that you would respond, BG.
I am basing my optimism on the 7 goals that he scored in the previous season, in League 2 admittedly, in 5 starts and 8 substitute appearances.
I believe that, with a stronger defence and a more balanced attack, he could score goals more frequently than last season.
No, I don’t expect him to score with many headers but he may feed off headers won by the likes of Scarr, Wilson and Gillesphey from set pieces.

Sep 6, 2006
I could have predicted that you would respond, BG.
I am basing my optimism on the 7 goals that he scored in the previous season, in League 2 admittedly, in 5 starts and 8 substitute appearances.
I believe that, with a stronger defence and a more balanced attack, he could score goals more frequently than last season.
No, I don’t expect him to score with many headers but he may feed off headers won by the likes of Scarr, Wilson and Gillesphey from set pieces.
So where's the more balanced attack? And am not clear how a stronger defence will enable Hardie to get his 30 goals this season