Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet!

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The football season is a marathon not a spirit- we all start on zilch points

Pre season friendlies are used for fitness , gelling together & fine tuning of tactics & patterns of play

We cant complete with the so called big hitters naming no names but lets give this team a chance

Be interesting to see where the teams who have signed numerous players end up come game 46

I dont think we will be a pussycat with a soft underbelly this season - who knows we could be the league 1 dark horses

Reactions: Martin Thomas
Aug 11, 2013
The view off this old curmudgeon is that for the most part, the bookies tend to be there or thereabouts in terms of their predictions. I think we have a very tough season ahead.

Signing better quality centre backs, whilst welcome and which will assuage the concerns of a number of posters, merely papers over the cracks in my opinion. The last two friendlies exposed all the same problems we suffered in the second half of last season. Iā€™d have wanted to have seen 2 clean sheets in those games to prove we were heading in the right direction. Alas 4 goals conceded and could have been a lot more.

Instead we concede the regulation two goals. Persist with make do wingbacks (two of the most important roles in our formation). Danny running in circles then disappearing. Conor Grant showing his limitations. Giving away possession in dangerous areas regularly. Finding the right combination up front still proving elusive. Thereā€™s already a pulpable ā€˜same old same oldā€™ feel about the forthcoming season in this house. I do hope Iā€™m proved wrong.

To finish on a positive - Adam Randellā€™s form has been brilliant and long may that continue. ā€¦

Reactions: Orestongreen1

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
What have they based that on- we have a new defence & certainly we will not be conceding 80 goals this season

I brought Four Four two yesterday & read the season preview magazine & they seem to think we will finish 13th

Lets see out of all the footy podcasts & magazines who will be right as to out actual finishing position

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Just listened to the D3D4 football podcast & they think we will finish 18th- so whatever you listen to or read no doubt they will have us in different league positions

Aug 11, 2013
8 of the players in the recent friendly were in the team that lost 6-0 to Charlton - the biggest home defeat in 65 years you will recall. Iā€™m afraid our problems run deeper than signing a few defenders ā€¦

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
This is a really excellent, knowledgeable summary of each club in League 1. He has Argyle in 12th, and is bigging up Adam Randell. "On another planet from just about every other player in the National League".

Reactions: davie nine

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Oh, I've pasted the Championship one. If you click on that you should find the L1 one fairly easily..

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Could only beat Turkey 3-0 - could be playing them in the same league next season! Not confident about this season now - defence improved but attack relying on Ennis alone.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar
This is a really excellent, knowledgeable summary of each club in League 1. He has Argyle in 12th, and is bigging up Adam Randell. "On another planet from just about every other player in the National League".

Thanks for this. One of the most knowledgeable pre-season summary sites Iā€™ve ever seen.

Quoting and response fixed by admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
One thing that dictates that price is football punters doing a yankee for relegation and our name is probably in most gamblers lists...mainly due to how poor we were second half last season.
Another reason is our recent record over the last 10 years yoyoing between leagues.
Another reason could be a big time punter has placed 50k on us going down.
It's all smoke mirrors and b.s.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
I usually try a yankee bet. 11 bets in one. Pick the champions of each of our top 4 leagues. It's one 4 timer 4 3 timers and 6 doubles.
It's very difficult to get all 4.
Liverpool 6-1 Sheffield Utd 13-2 Sunderland 8-1 and Bradford 7-1 but until the transfer main business of all the 92 (is it still 92?) clubs is done it's best to wait and see.
For example Oil City FC could end up with Kane and Grealish yet...obscene money yes.