Hull match not on Sky (live on Argyle TV in the UK) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hull match not on Sky (live on Argyle TV in the UK)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Not really surprised to be honest. They hate having to come all the way down here, pundits, production crew etc, etc. Birmingham is only an hour or so away and to be frank most teams in the Championship would probably rather we went down for the same reason. Actually Paris is probably easier to get to these days from London than Plymouth!!
A friend of mine gets contracted as a technical engineer to cover SKY football broadcasts . He travels as far north as Birmingham and covers matches south of there. I was only speaking with him about 4 weeks ago and he was very complimentary in broadcasting from Home Park as it has plenty of space around the ground for cables to be set up and a lack of trees / high buildings that could affect signals. You should listen to him about Luton's ground! Together with his wife he has an apartment in NQY, so perhaps he is biased in that he can make a long weekend of it.

Reactions: Monster Green

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
A friend of mine gets contracted as a technical engineer to cover SKY football broadcasts . He travels as far north as Birmingham and covers matches south of there. I was only speaking with him about 4 weeks ago and he was very complimentary in broadcasting from Home Park as it has plenty of space around the ground for cables to be set up and a lack of trees / high buildings that could affect signals. You should listen to him about Luton's ground! Together with his wife he has an apartment in NQY, so perhaps he is biased in that he can make a long weekend of it.
Premier League rules are in place that call for clubs to have permanent TV cabling to be installed from game one after being promoted so at Luton he would only have had the one headache. :ROFLMAO:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It’s because Sky would rather Birmingham stay up than us, they are a so called big club in Sky‘s eyes, so biast 😡
I'm not sure your "so-called big club" is fair. In the last 22 seasons they have spent 7 of them in the Premier League and the other 15 in the Championship. FA Cup Finalists twice and 5 Semi-Finals. 2 League Cup wins. 4 Second Division Championship wins. They have spent £1m or more on a player on 72 occasions. Yes we all love Argyle and it is big in all our lives but, unfortunately, the truth is that our historical standing in the game is not a patch on Birmingham's.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Premier League rules are in place that call for clubs to have permanent TV cabling to be installed from game one after being promoted so at Luton he would only have had the one headache. :ROFLMAO:
That headache being he had to be at Luton I assume 😀

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Also Leeds v Southampton and Ipswich v Huddersfield is on Sky

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Birmingham IS the far north! :LOL:

Dec 3, 2005
Didn't Sky TV just have us playing two Fridays on the trot - so we were on there twice in a week.
That's not bad going is it, for so called little Argyle.

Reactions: bodspafc
Jan 6, 2004
Travelling down to the Westcountry on a Bank Holiday or a quick trip up to the Midlands, no brainer.
Surely sky must have mobile production units in different parts of the country? They cannot all travel to and from London every time, that makes no sense.