Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
One small criticism - they really need to work on the replays. A number of times yesterday we missed goalmouth action because they were showing a replay of a previous chance. Not sure who the director is, but someone needs to have a word.

Reactions: Keith Hennessey

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
When you watch the extended highlights it is someone else commentating that has no emotional attachment to Argyle & is just doing their job

Watching & listening to Argyle TV the total devotion is obvious- when i tune in to the audio to listen to the game i feel i am sat in the crowd watching the team

The love & care shown means a lot to exiles like me that just want to feel connected to the team i love

Reactions: Keith Hennessey

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
When you watch the extended highlights it is someone else commentating that has no emotional attachment to Argyle & is just doing their job

Watching & listening to Argyle TV the total devotion is obvious- when i tune in to the audio to listen to the game i feel i am sat in the crowd watching the team

The love & care shown means a lot to exiles like me that just want to feel connected to the team i love

Commented on this earlier in thread. The video used appears to be the day's i follow offering for the Gills.

No comms at all on the 2 minute version of highlights.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Thank you - i didnt know that :)

Thanks for that - I was only able to watch the extended highlights this week so was just about to criticise Argyle TV for having a strangely disinterested commentator and none of the promised camera angles. I will watch the full version later and pick out my own highlights.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’ll use this bump (people may want to use this thread tonight) to mention one of the issues I’d meant to bring up before…

When you’re listening to live audio on the Argyle app, you need to keep the app open or have a little pop out window open to continue listening to it.

If the relevant people are reading this, is there a way to keep the audio going while doing something else, as with any music or podcast app?

Reactions: Guiri Green
Jan 6, 2004
If you are charging £10 a game, which is an extremely premium product (far more expensive for example than sky sports) you need to have back up, mirror servers or whatever is needed, not good enough.

Reactions: bigalf
Jan 27, 2012
The comments I would make are....

1. When you pay to watch a match on the website, there is no acknowledgement on the site that you have paid and have access (in fact the website still offers you the chance to buy the live stream and will let you pay twice). The link to the livestream is also well hidden away, which is very confusing. Sometimes I don't know if my payment has gone through and I can never seem to find the link to watch the game.

2. They may as well use the Radio Devon commentary for the audio stream. Its better.