Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

May 22, 2006
According to interview on Talksport this afternoon, Rick Parry, I think, matches cannot be shown live on Saturday afternoons dues to Article 48, which is actually a UEFA stipulation and not down to the EFL. Its meant to protect attendances at lower league clubs and also not detract from playing local level Saturday afternoon football matches.

He did say that there was some sympathy for the demand but basically it’s beyond EFL control.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I think they start about an hour before kickoff, unlike iFollow there is now a pregame/halftime/postgame show, during the pre-season it was with Gary Sawyer and a young lady last name Black who was very good.
Re watching on tv check here https://www.pafc.co.uk/tv/key-information/argyle-tv-faqs
Your subscription is only for League games, on iFollow last year we did get some cup competitions, but not this year
Thanks OG, most helpful

May 16, 2016
I still think they're launching Argyle TV at risk. Higher level of live stream production and quality with enhanced content will only (officially) be available to the limited amount of overseas viewers willing to pay the annual or monthly subscriptions.

The domestic audience will receive audio but that's already freely available via local BBC. I was a long time annual subscriber of ifollow audio for overseas use, but would attend games or listen on DAB in the UK. The extended highlights were never much more than the brief highlights replayed several times and I rarely watched a 90 minute replay.

Hopefully the combination of domestic and international subscriptions will help it pay for itself and we don't eventually lose it after all the hard work and preparation that's gone into setting it up.

Dec 3, 2005
So, if I have this right, visual watching live is only available to overseas supporters. This is probably the 3pm rule of not showing games live in the UK. In my opinion this needs changing or abandoned. There must be millions of supporters from the past decades who now find themselves house bound or unwilling to join crowds of people in the present circumstances. They may have been season ticket holders at various Clubs for decades and now this stupid rule is stopping them carrying on enjoying their favourite Club. Imagine the money going to Clubs if they could pay to watch their favourite team.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
So, if I have this right, visual watching live is only available to overseas supporters. This is probably the 3pm rule of not showing games live in the UK. In my opinion this needs changing or abandoned. There must be millions of supporters from the past decades who now find themselves house bound or unwilling to join crowds of people in the present circumstances. They may have been season ticket holders at various Clubs for decades and now this stupid rule is stopping them carrying on enjoying their favourite Club. Imagine the money going to Clubs if they could pay to watch their favourite team.

Clubs would be bankrupt within two years if that happened.

Argyle have four Tuesday night home league games before Christmas, I expect every game will be available for streaming.

Dec 3, 2005
Clubs would be bankrupt within two years if that happened.

Argyle have four Tuesday night home league games before Christmas, I expect every game will be available for streaming.
Not sure why or how Clubs would be bankrupt within two years.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Argyle v Wycombe or Man City v Liverpool, on a horrible Tuesday night (only an example). Us true greens would be there, but those with plastic tendencies would stay at home reckon.

That's what EUFA are trying to protect. I have a lot of sympathy with that.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Not sure why or how Clubs would be bankrupt within two years.
Especially if live streaming cost close to actually attending. I'm sure many fans would pay 15-20 quid to live stream matches they couldn't easily get to. Perhaps not every match but a fair few.

Dunkeld Green

✅ Evergreen
Jan 4, 2006
Inver, Dunkeld
In this day of modern technology you would think that there would be a way of a telling if a season ticket is at the game or watching the match at home.
When I bought my full season ticket for this season I knew full well in advance that the maximum amount of matches I would be able to see was 11, it works out at at just over £28 per match. It would be great if I was able to watch the other 12 matches via streaming included in my season ticket price with a block on the ticket for the matches I could not make so an option of watching via streaming or go to the match.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argyle v Wycombe or Man City v Liverpool, on a horrible Tuesday night (only an example). Us true greens would be there, but those with plastic tendencies would stay at home reckon.

That's what EUFA are trying to protect. I have a lot of sympathy with that.
Man City vs Liverpool? 95 minutes top whack.
Argyle vs Wycombe? 110 minutes plus guaranteed! VFM folks VFM!!

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
It's in place to stop the Premiership sucking even more money away from real football. For all of history, if you couldn't get to a game, you didn't get to watch it, so nothing has changed..

tonsk

Reactions: Lobster and PL2 3DQ