Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
On the website they have said when live matches are permitted to be streamed through Argyle TV - match passes will be made available on a game by game basis but they have not given a price as to how much you will have to pay to watch it

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
OK, I have just purchased my Argyle TV International package.
Can anyone point me in the direction of the finer details?
e.g. how long before kick off will the coverage start for each match? Is it a matter of logging in as normal and then clicking on the relevant link?
I will probably watch on my PC, but is there an easy way to watch on TV (I'm an old guy and not tech savvy - go easy please)?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Yes you are right UEFA says what goes it is just a shame the EFL cant do anything about it
Rick Parry was interviewed on the subject on national radio today and said that they (The EFL) have no intention of challenging the rule. They believe that it would be seriously detrimental to EFL attendances if the big clubs (Premier League) were able to stream matches at 3pm on Saturdays.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think they're absolutely right as well. We'd have an even bigger rash of plastics if they scrapped the rule.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Due to COVID we have been fortunate to have the option of paying to watch week in week out- now that the world is trying to get back to normality that option is no more

It is a shame for people that cannot go to matches due to health issues - they will feel they are being excluded through no fault of their own

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
OK, I have just purchased my Argyle TV International package.
Can anyone point me in the direction of the finer details?
e.g. how long before kick off will the coverage start for each match? Is it a matter of logging in as normal and then clicking on the relevant link?
I will probably watch on my PC, but is there an easy way to watch on TV (I'm an old guy and not tech savvy - go easy please)?
Thanks in advance for any help.
I think they start about an hour before kickoff, unlike iFollow there is now a pregame/halftime/postgame show, during the pre-season it was with Gary Sawyer and a young lady last name Black who was very good.
Re watching on tv check here https://www.pafc.co.uk/tv/key-information/argyle-tv-faqs
Your subscription is only for League games, on iFollow last year we did get some cup competitions, but not this year

Reactions: Lousy Pint

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It might be difficult to police but why couldn't they allow over 65s or 70s the option to stream Saturday games?
Sort of a season ticket where they can attend games or if they don't fancy it they can stay at home and watch the game.

Reactions: Argylegames

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Surely if Argyle have their own TV and keep all the gate receipts then its up to them if they show live games its Argyle that take the hit for lower crowds, they dont have to share it with anyone. Prices would have to be comparable to attending but I am sure many exiles like me wouldnt mind paying, they might even get a bigger return from away fans,

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The argument is that the crowds at away games would suffer. The Green Army is a significant increase on crowds for a lot of the smaller clubs. If Argyle showed the game live on Argyle TV how many of the 900+ going on Saturday would stay home and pay maybe £23 to watch?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Because we are a member of the English Football League we have to abide by all the rules set by the powers that be . Yes it is incredibly frustrating but as a previous poster has said EFL will not be changing anytime soon

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Surely if Argyle have their own TV and keep all the gate receipts then its up to them if they show live games its Argyle that take the hit for lower crowds, they dont have to share it with anyone. Prices would have to be comparable to attending but I am sure many exiles like me wouldnt mind paying, they might even get a bigger return from away fans,
Argyle do not own the rights to the games though.