Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The monthly fee is minimal & the product you are receiving is done with love, care & devotion to the green army. I do not feel i am being ripped off

How much does it cost Argyle to make Argyle TV or would you rather we stayed with the impersonal i follow service which was a tool we used to gain access to Argyle

It appears whatever the club tries to do to reach out to the green army wherever they are is not good enough for some people because they expect it for free

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Sorry but I won’t be setting my alarm any earlier to enable me to listen to any pre match stuff.Bad enough having games start at 3am.Sort it out Argo….

May 16, 2016
The monthly fee is minimal & the product you are receiving is done with love, care & devotion to the green army. I do not feel i am being ripped off

How much does it cost Argyle to make Argyle TV or would you rather we stayed with the impersonal i follow service which was a tool we used to gain access to Argyle

It appears whatever the club tries to do to reach out to the green army wherever they are is not good enough for some people because they expect it for free
It may be considered minimal for some but when it's hoovered up content that was previously free, it just adds to the outlay required to follow the Club online. Especially for those that buy more than one ST etc. after a difficult year for some of our members.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
It may be considered minimal for some but when it's hoovered up content that was previously free, it just adds to the outlay required to follow the Club online. Especially for those that buy more than one ST etc. after a difficult year for some of our members.
As an exile i was talking about my situation & having spent £10 to watch every league game last season i understand the financial burden on supporting the club i love

I understand & appreciate that some fans spend vast amounts on season tickets each season & it is even harder due to the pandemic but the club is trying to reach out to all Argyle fans who dont live locally & want to feel connected to their club

I have not lived in Plymouth for over 20 years & this is the first time in a long time that i feel totally connected- yes it is digitally but i feel connected

If i was still in Plymouth i would have brought a Season Ticket every year but because i left my hometown at a early age i will not be able to do that until i retire & move back home

Apr 9, 2011
Its a pity re new Argyle tv , know its not the clubs fault but watching the build up & then not being able to watch the match is a bit like letting a kid loose in a sweet shop & then telling them they cant eat any!

Aug 27, 2016
Sorry if I have lost the plot here,but,what is the reason for all the bluster regarding Argyle tv if they are unable to stream away games on Saturday afternoons.could somebody please enlighten me as I am completely non plussed. I have opened an Argyle account but for what purpose?

Oct 5, 2013
Fair point, Hedgehog.
Could someone please confirm, “no streaming” only means for away games, we will still be able to pay for home games because with Argyle TV that is not streaming, is that correct?

Oct 5, 2013
But with the Argyle TV subscription we get audio coverage of all games, is that correct?

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
It's not just away games. No team can stream Saturday afternoon matches to a UK audience now there are no restrictions in attending the match in person. However, it is possible, as it was pre-Covid, to stream midweek and bank holiday matches, and this is where Argyle TV will replace iFollow for live coverage, including pre-match, half time and post match content, none of which was available on iFollow.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Argyle TV subscription means you can listen to home & away games via audio- but you can watch the entire game for no additional fee the day after

COVID allowed us to pay a tenner & watch the game live but now the rules have reverted back to pre covid so no live stream on a Saturday as per the previous poster

Feb 8, 2005
How much will Argyle charge us to watch the relevant matches live (as per iFollow last year)?