Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Would be nice if they had a clock on screen to tell you how long to go....plus the score...two essentials which are not included in this latest version...

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Would be nice if they had a clock on screen to tell you how long to go....plus the score...two essentials which are not included in this latest version...

“Please note that the stream will not be carrying live score graphics tonight - but this will be added at a later date.” Argyle Twitter.

Reactions: warney

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Let’s bump this thread back up to the top, for me to say how much I enjoyed Argyle TV tonight.

It seems we often only have people complaining about how this or that didn’t work, and the positive feedback never gets through.

A couple of weeks ago I registered with no problems at all, and have been able to log in first time, every time. The quality of the feeds has been top notch, HD, with perfect casting to my TV from laptop, iPad and iPhone.

Tonight was another great step up. The commentary was good, as it was last season, the TV angles and replays are getting better and better, and the halftime and post match coverage very good - we have found good, professional people in Rob and (if I caught the name correctly) Erin.

Like I said, others might not have had the same good technical experience as I have had, and they certainly let everyone know, but sometimes positive feedback has to be given loud and clear too. Well done to all concerned. As an expat this really helps me connect with the club and I’m really looking forward to the coming season now because of this service.

Shocking

✅ Evergreen
Jan 29, 2006
Breage
I’m offshore Germany at the moment and i was impressed with the quality of the stream. Usually have endless buffering with the iFollow feed, but a dramatic reduction in that tonight. It’s also great to have a build up, half time chat and not get suddenly dumped off the feed shortly after the match finished. Well done Argyle, fantastic start to your own tv service. Only negative points would be the time clock, which Rob said was being worked on. And will someone buy Erin some “In Ear” headphones? 😂

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I follow felt very impersonal it was a service we had to use to get access to Argyle

Argyle TV is made by Argyle purely for the consumption of the green army- i have totally enjoyed what i have seen & heard so far

As an exile it makes you feel that you are totally connected even though you live miles away

:)(y)

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
My only criticism was that they seemed to have turned Sawyer's mic off at half-time and never turned it on again. Otherwise it was excellent.

Jan 31, 2006
Argyletv getting better. Score addressed. Time status to come. Liked the prematch, halftime with Ms ??? Maybe a banner showing names of who we have on screen when they appear. Highlights need some improving.

Commentary is way too much talking. Watch and listen how the pros do it. Less words is more. Or, give us the option of turning off to leave just sound effects.

But an improvement overall. Cheers 😎

Reactions: Mike Charlick
Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Argyletv getting better. Score addressed. Time status to come. Liked the prematch, halftime with Ms ??? Maybe a banner showing names of who we have on screen when they appear. Highlights need some improving.

Commentary is way too much talking. Watch and listen how the pros do it. Less words is more. Or, give us the option of turning off to leave just sound effects.

But an improvement overall. Cheers 😎
Thought the same. Don't have to fill every second with comment. It's no longer a commentary for radio like we had last season.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Thought the same. Don't have to fill every second with comment. It's no longer a commentary for radio like we had last season.
But maybe it is! The website talks about a radio/sound feed like iFollow had for the UK residents who can't watch live games most of the time. Perhaps the plan is to use the same feed for both services. Bring back Sparksie I say.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Don't really understand why we need two commentators. I have watched many games over the years that have only one. A lot less wordy, we don't have to be told every single play because we can see it. Rob is good to listen to but Gaz is not. IMO.

Dec 30, 2020
I was pretty impressed with the offering tonight.

It's obvious that the team are learning as they go and I think they are doing a good job. The main thing is that it's great to be able to watch Argyle when you can't get to the game. As long as the footage of the match is reliable, which it was, I'm not really bothered about the commentary, interviews, graphics etc (though fwiw they all seemed fine to me).

It will largely only be die-hard fans using the service and I'd like to think we'd be charitable about the quality of the non-essentials if means more money going to the club (which I presume is the reason they have brought things in-house)

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I had problems with my log on and the response to my email from Argyletv was immediate and very helpful. I thought that the whole service was a huge improvement on ifollow, better camera work and commentary. If I cant get to a match then I would be happy to watch it this way as it's a very enjoyable format. Well done to all involved.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall

Erin Black. I thought she was excellent.