Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
gaspargomez":2kccgy8k said:
I hope there is Amazon Firestick support.

Whether this is a good move will depend on how well the streaming works and how easy it will be to access on various devices. That's why YouTube is always a reliable option- whilst it would involve giving even more money to Google at least they are an organisation with the capacity to support a very wide range of devices and keep their services updated.

Agreed. For all those who vouch that their iFollow service has been a lag-free dream-like experience there are many others (including me) who have at times experienced untold frustration at not connecting, having to delete cookies, changing browsers etc etc - all the while with a perfectly respectable download speed which handles Netflix, iPlayer, YouTube etc without any concerns at all.

I hope we don't bite off more than we can chew. Using a 3rd party service like YouTube would be a very solid option, it's just the question about how to keep the stream free of piracy, but that's surely something which many other subscription services which uses YouTube has cracked.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
pastiesforlife":34ya8o3d said:
Current rules (pre COVID) are that you cannot broadcast Saturday 3pm kick offs in the UK. This was temporarily lifted for COVID. Does anybody know if the rules will change for next season, otherwise it might only be midweek games that will be available in the UK.

If the rule isn't dropped now then it never will be dropped.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Pogleswoody":uirh6263 said:
ArgFollow :scarf:

As I said on the iFollow thread, I love home games 'live' but happy to pay for away as I can't attend. Also handy if you are ill, indisposed or whatever and would otherwise miss a home game. :scarf:

More like AaaaaaarrrrghFollow :coat:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Charlton, Swansea, Wigan and Sunderland (amongst others) use StreamAmg, it's app based and has multi camera angles, replays and match graphics.

Everything depends on whether matches played on Saturday's between 3pm - 5pm can be shown live for next season.

Click on the links to give you an idea of what it's about.

Charlton.

Swansea.
You cannot watch via a mobile device unless it is through the Swans App. It is also not available on AppleTV, Chromecast or any other big screen streaming devices, also due to EFL rules.
Swans TV is free and shows match highlights, behind the scenes footage, live under-23 games and interviews.

Wigan.

Sunderland.

There are also pre-match and half-time shows featuring ex-players of the relevant clubs.

Aug 31, 2006
gaspargomez":1c52gjyh said:

I watch iFollow on my Firestick and it has been fairly stable, much better than using Chromecast from my PC. All I had to do was download and install the Amazon Silk Browser onto my Firestick. Then log into my PAFC account and watch it as if I was on my PC. If the new streaming service is browser based, I'm hoping it will work the same way.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
baggy":2i0y2psy said:
gaspargomez":2i0y2psy said:

I watch iFollow on my Firestick and it has been fairly stable, much better than using Chromecast from my PC. All I had to do was download and install the Amazon Silk Browser onto my Firestick. Then log into my PAFC account and watch it as if I was on my PC. If the new streaming service is browser based, I'm hoping it will work the same way.

See posty's comment immediately above yours.

Jan 27, 2012
ChepstowGreen":6gvcrizm said:
gaspargomez":6gvcrizm said:
I hope we don't bite off more than we can chew. Using a 3rd party service like YouTube would be a very solid option, it's just the question about how to keep the stream free of piracy, but that's surely something which many other subscription services which uses YouTube has cracked.

It's possible that the third party provider that Argyle will be using will themselves be using a third party provider for some of the underlying infrastructure (it would cost a lot of money to build a streaming service from scratch).
But the thing about YouTube is that they have the resources to support every sort of device and Operating System, even old ones. Plus the server bandwidth. Anyhow- I'm not going to grumble until I've tried it. Hopefully it will be all good (and also provide a bit more money for the club).

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
PL2 3DQ":dmunx8ls said:
Charlton, Swansea, Wigan and Sunderland (amongst others) use StreamAmg, it's app based and has multi camera angles, replays and match graphics.

Everything depends on whether matches played on Saturday's between 3pm - 5pm can be shown live for next season.

Click on the links to give you an idea of what it's about.

Charlton.

Swansea.
You cannot watch via a mobile device unless it is through the Swans App. It is also not available on AppleTV, Chromecast or any other big screen streaming devices, also due to EFL rules.
Swans TV is free and shows match highlights, behind the scenes footage, live under-23 games and interviews.

Wigan.

Sunderland.

There are also pre-match and half-time shows featuring ex-players of the relevant clubs.

Good info and just checked the website looks like we're following suit!

https://www.streamamg.com/resources/new ... -streamamg

Aug 31, 2006
Argylegames":25tov1d8 said:
baggy":25tov1d8 said:
gaspargomez":25tov1d8 said:

See posty's comment immediately above yours.

Steamamg is also website based, this is from their own page. Just saying it should work via the Silk browser on a firestick

"The combined website, app and streaming service is scheduled to be up and running by the beginning of the 21/22 season. The new digital services will replace those currently in operation, including iFollow streaming and the EFL Digital app and website."

Mar 14, 2009
Argyle will have control of the cameras inside the ground at HP.

Surely, the feed at most league one clubs goes via IFollow and that’s the bit l find intriguing.

I’d like the opportunity to watch away games at 3pm. However, that’s dependent on whether the government go back to a 3pm saturday tv blackout. Also how do Argyle get the away tv feed if IFollow are producing it.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":2mcopcrd said:
Argyle will have control of the cameras inside the ground at HP.

Surely, the feed at most league one clubs goes via IFollow and that’s the bit l find intriguing.

I’d like the opportunity to watch away games at 3pm. However, that’s dependent on whether the government go back to a 3pm saturday tv blackout. Also how do Argyle get the away tv feed if IFollow are producing it.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

I'm not sure how it exactly works but Sunderland, Wigan and Charlton all use StreamAMG (Argyle's new streaming partner) and we were still able to watch the away games on iFollow last season, so I guess iFollow and StreamAMG share broadcasts.