Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
It would be nice if some of that pre-match coverage found its way on to the Argyle TV site so that subscribers can also see it. When the season starts, the only people who will be seeing that are our foreign contingent which seems such a shame.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
It would be nice if some of that pre-match coverage found its way on to the Argyle TV site so that subscribers can also see it. When the season starts, the only people who will be seeing that are our foreign contingent which seems such a shame.
My understanding is that UK subscribers will see that, just not the match which will commentary only. My concern is that if the use the TV commentary it will be even more frustrating than it is when you can see the action.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
My understanding is that UK subscribers will see that, just not the match which will commentary only. My concern is that if the use the TV commentary it will be even more frustrating than it is when you can see the action.
Agree with you there. A radio commentary needs more detail and less chit chat as the listener cannot see for him- or herself what is happening whereas a TV commentary can be very light touch as the picture paints a thousand words.

May 16, 2016
My worry would be the number of full service subscriptions overseas being sufficient to cover the longer term costs of the new post covid slicker service. Pre match chat, resident commentators and a separate presenter will only be seen by those able to stream live games unavailable to the UK client. I've subscribed to the audio service for a few years but have rarely bothered to watch full match replays. If I was permanently in the UK, I'd either be at home games or listening to the BBC for away coverage.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Be interesting to see how much now goes behind the paywall. The Official site says that some (much?) of the recent content will in future only be able to subscribers.

The last free video from the club on its You Tube channel was Lowe's post-match match comments about Middlesbrough 6 days ago.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I have just paid for the monthly pass & have access to everything

Prior to paying for the monthly pass the only item i could listen to for free was the argyle podcast so maybe you have to pay the subscription fee monthly or seasonally to listen to the videos- just a thought

May 16, 2016
My worry would be the number of full service subscriptions overseas being sufficient to cover the longer term costs of the new post covid slicker service. Pre match chat, resident commentators and a separate presenter will only be seen by those able to stream live games unavailable to the UK client. I've subscribed to the audio service for a few years but have rarely bothered to watch full match replays. If I was permanently in the UK, I'd either be at home games or listening to the BBC for away coverage.
I think the Club have answered my question by basically putting nearly everything behind a paywall and hoping for subscriptions.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I now have the Annual Pass an investment based purely upon the quality of the coverage of the three Championship opposition friendlies. I frequently had issues with the i-follow set up. The only minor blip I've had with the Argyle TV is that I pausef the game and when I went back it kept jumping 2 seconds every 30 seconds. But once I came out and went back yhst was okay. All in all greatly impressed.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
My biggest complaint, well not a complaint and annoyance, is if i am watching a video or a game and i switch to another browzer or page for a moment and when i switch back that banner at the top saying News, Matches, tv etc drops down and covers half the page and stays there until i adjust the page

KeithB

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
Only moan from me is I can't get full screen using Firefox... and I don't wish to change browsers on my laptop.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
This was fixed, shortly after the first game. Have you tried this since?

JY
I haven't tried it since as I attended all the matches, but did find on that first instance, that double clicking on the video part of the screen in Firefox, did make it full screen.

tonsk

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
So when do we get the 'phone App? Used the iFollow one for score updates when I was out and about - especially on Tuesday nights.