Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
I'm guessing they made it free to view to work around the problem with paying customers not being able to access it...

As for the service itself, after the initial glitch, the video stream was far better quality than ifollow, no buffering at all and you could actually cast it the the TV! I hope this continues though the Q&A answers from the club suggested the EFL will not allow this for league games. It would be a great pity as it improved the experience so so much.

Mar 14, 2009
I thought the coverage was good too.

l thought the coverage on iFollow last season was decent too.

Did people think their was an improvement in stream quality? If lm honest l didn’t see much difference.

For a fiver you can’t complain. If people watched it for free in the end l honestly don’t mind. Its £5 and if it helps Argyle then it’s a good thing.

l would imagine Swansea will be on Argyle TV?

Off the pitch there will be teething problems but each year l feel we are going in the right direction.

Reactions: DJH

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
There were actually 2 links on the Argyle site, 1 was click here, the other was copy the URL here, they were on a page talking about the game but i just looked and that page has gone i dont know when they removed it, that is how i logged in.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
As for the service itself, after the initial glitch, the video stream was far better quality than ifollow, no buffering at all and you could actually cast it the the TV!
This was exactly my experience too, although I only watched the second half. Better stream - seemed proper HD - and could cast to various TV devices which I couldn't with iFollow.

Reactions: Kevin Gollop
Just a few small points to Argyle TV -

[1] No need for an additional payment AFTER the initial one !!!!

[2] I wish Rob McNichol could UP the commentary speak - 1st half was dreadful, 2nd half no comment as I did NOT hear anything due to our local downpour.

[3] What I did see was very impressive - no glitches, nothing !!

Just sort out the 2 obvious ones, please ?

KeithB

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
Any updates on UK subscriptions available?
Will there be live streaming allowed by EFL, if not, will there be an audio option similar to ifollow?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Is tomorrows game going to be streamed.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I think Argyle have done themselves no good, announcing free access to watch the match on Argyle TV. A lot of people who have bought tickets will not be very happy. They should have announced this when tickets went on sale , so fans could make a decision how to watch the game,

Reactions: LipsonJock
Jan 24, 2020
Taunton
Does anyone know how to cast from and iPhone to TV please? Biggest frustration of iFollow was not being able to do this and sounds like the new site allows? Thanks in advance 👍🏻

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Does anyone know how to cast from and iPhone to TV please? Biggest frustration of iFollow was not being able to do this and sounds like the new site allows? Thanks in advance 👍🏻

It’s pretty easy to do, he is a guide on it from Apple