Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 37 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
The tv companies have a tight control over the football authorities. They demand that they be given the right to decide when games should be shown on tv, they demand that games be moved to suit their schedules, and the FL and FA bow to these tv companies.

This is the wrong way around.

The tv companies should be controlled by the Clubs through the FA/FL, they should be told when football matches may be televised, they should be told which matches may be shown, and the tv companies should jump at the behest of the FL/FA, but it seems that money talks.

The institution that started all this was the Premiership, and all this can be put firmly at their door. Their behaviour has been completely self self self with no concern about the Clubs and especially the fans.

Let us not forget that football was invented by the lower classes, and attended by the working classes. It has been hijacked well and truly by the middle classes, the people with money, and we need to bring it back under the control of the football authorities once again.

It can be done.

Rant over!
I agree with this sentiment, and the problem lies with those clubs that control the Prem League - those that wanted to create the ESL.
It's almost certainly a vicious circle: those same clubs won't want to reduce the income from TV and, for the huge amounts Sky et al pay can expect to call the tune on who they show and when.
I cannot see there being a change in the Prem TV arrangements, but I do think that streaming in the EFL without restriction would be viable.
The sticking point is that it requires UEFA's approval - does it understand the desires of fans of lowwet league clubs, or that they actually exist?