Georgie Kelly (signs for Rotherham) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Georgie Kelly (signs for Rotherham)

Aug 22, 2020
I don’t think it’s going to happen,
unless he failed a medical today. Why would you travel down if you wasn’t going to put pen to paper. Unless he didn’t see himself fitting in our system.

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
I’ve just seen a few YouTube interviews with Georgie Kelly and he comes over as a very balanced and articulate person with a very bright future in football. He turned down pro contracts to complete his studies (a Degree in Commerce and a Masters in Finance) so he has his head screwed on. He has managed his footballing development, gained good experience playing against some good European teams and is the perfect fit with Argyle. I just hope all of the rumours noted above are true and he is on his way.
COYGs.
Fawlty.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
https://youtu.be/ZcrHkyXBGiM

Look at this video. One thing is very noticeable. The goals he gets are supplied by their teams wide men/wingers with crosses.

If they get this guy he will need someone to supply him. Like Marquis had today.
We had 18 shots against Lincoln and plenty of crosses from the wings as well as quite a few corners, don't think supply will be an issue personally, with a big man in the middle we may even get the earlier cross in rather than pass it around as much as we do currently.

Reactions: leeroy221
Jul 12, 2016
Perhaps he has received other offers and is weighing up his options before making a final decision?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Lincoln Matchday Moments shows just how many crosses we put into the box, either low or high, and we did score from one cross or some might call it a cut back.

I think Kelly will do really well in our playing system.

Reactions: David Doidge

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
What I do like about Kelly (should we sign him) is that he doesn't seem a conventional target man who's just good in the air, he seems quite quick too and has a nice first touch in the box that sets up quite a lot of his strikes that he's scored goals from.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
The striker I have been most impressed by this season from opposition is the Sheff wed lad, Lee Gregory ,https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Gregory_(footballer) who I don’t think played against us in the two 3-0 wins. In their 4-2 win, he held every ball up, out muscled our defenders and always linked up the play to get Wednesday up the pitch . He wasn’t really tall but he had a presence and I think he is the type of player we need. If Kelly is indeed joining he looks like this sort of player, we need more presence on the pitch and he seems to have it.

Just looked at his profile and it seems he was a non league later developer only moving to Millwall from Halifax in 2014 when he was 25.

Jul 28, 2020
No news yet on Georgie.... and I’m hoping he will sign. I think this could be one occasion when our location could help- with Kelly about to complete his environmental management MSc: plenty of environment around the SW peninsula.

Elsewhere I’ve noticed that Wimbledon have sold Ollie Palmer to Wrexham for £300k ( I wonder what Wrexham are going to do if and when they gerbil promotion- and will then have to squeeze their playing budgets within the EFL2 caps- they might find out that winning promotion was the easy bit) and are also reportedly on the look out for a new centre forward.

I’m very pleased that the club is now seeming to target non- league talent ( Alfie Lewis) this plus the Dan Scarr signing is a return to form , as far as I’m concerned.

Elsewhere still no news on prodigious non- league striker Kyle Wootton ( or team mate Ruben Rodrigues- who I believe are both out of contract this summer) I am thinking this might change, before deadline day

Mar 23, 2008
Really hoping this happens. He's tall, strong, pacey, an eye for a goal. What's not to like?
Many players have come over from Ireland and been very successful including the liked of Seamus Coleman, Shane Long and Kevin Doyle at the top level. Lower down the likes of Padraig Amond, Seamus Connelly and Ritchie Towell have done well. Think it's a good league to be scouting.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I think UCD were in the first division rather than the Irish Premier. But still shows a history of scoring goals.
sorry to drag up historic Argyle, but Mike Bickle was a milkman playing in the south western League before signing as a striker for Argyle. He proved to be a big success. I accept such signatures are a lottery, but why not this guy. Give him a chance if he is keen to swap the green grass of Ireland for the green of Argyle's shirt

Reactions: Bovey Green lady
Feb 8, 2005
He could have just said “I don’t comment on transfer speculation” like Sturrock used to say back in the day. Surely a more advisable way to handle the question ?
A very frustrating answer.

We are a far more open Club with Hallett in charge.