Argyle Fans Trust? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle Fans Trust?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’ve just renewed my membership.

So my question is, where are you?

We have fans being made to empty their pockets on tables outside the Lyndhurst. Why?

We have stewards without masks who are close proximity searching the fan base. Why?

Are you active guys? Or do you just have meetings?

Dunlop used the facilities in the Lower Mayfkower last night, his ‘hand gel’ was a bottle of Fairy Liquid’

I have decent contact with all levels at PAFC but surely you people should be over these things like a rash!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It does seem OTT Gaz.

I’ve seen it in the Vaccination Centre as well and when I asked I was told ‘Anti Vaxxers’ - Perhaps it’s a new directive from the security industry.

Reactions: merchant seaman

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This isn’t knocking the club by the way. I think we’ve come a long way from ‘same old Argyle’ - But I think the AFT should be interested in these little tweeky things. It’s important to some of us.

Reactions: merchant seaman
Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
This isn’t knocking the club by the way. I think we’ve come a long way from ‘same old Argyle’ - But I think the AFT should be interested in these little tweeky things. It’s important to some of us.
I'm surprised there's been no comment from Home Park.

There's always been a failure to communicate with supporters sorry customers. Not as bad as the old days but it still happens as in this case.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
A friend of mine told of being asked to get his wallet out and open it. That is a step too far. What will they have in their wallet that is a risk to themselves or others (which is all that security should be concerned with). Also, me and the better half have got clear see-through bags which we bought so that security could see what was in them. They STILL asked to have them opened so what is the point of sports venues recommending clear bags? What did they find that they couldn't see? NOTHING, because you could see everything.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Seems like autocratic security staff. No point of access search requires looking in a wallet. By all means empty pockets but no need for staff to touch anything unless they deem it suspicious I which case they can detain you until the police arrive.

Male Licenced Staff far out number female staff in uk so it is inevitable that females will be searched by males using a wand.. however this still guidance how this is used.. over legs not between them. Staff cannot physically search a member of the opposite sex.

Security staff are working for a client to ensure the premises are safe and patrons agree to the premises regulations as a condition of entry.

Security staff should wear uniform and display their id/licence so they identifiable to the general public.

Please complain to Argyle about them or even the SIA .. there are plenty of good Security staff about who don't want to be tarred with the same brush

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club are transparent and there many ways to contact them rather than through the AFT, I've contacted the Supporters Liason Officer and the security company about this.
If it isn't sorted there will be chaos on the Lyndhurst side for the first league game of the season.

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
For the vast majority of supporters, this sort of security is totally unnecessary. However as per usual it is the braindead minority that ruin it for everyone else.
One can only assume that a security risk has been identified, while virtually all supporters entering Home Park will not be a threat, it is the aforementioned minority, that gave cause for the security company to believe such steps were required. While not necessary for a PSF they are probably using these events to trial this system.

Even on this very site there are the few that believe taking pyro into the ground is acceptable.
One opinion that I have is that it could be connected to the laser pointer that was taken to Wembley (and used during the match). Therefore taking steps to ensure such items dont make it into grounds.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
I'm surprised there's been no comment from Home Park.

There's always been a failure to communicate with supporters sorry customers. Not as bad as the old days but it still happens as in this case.
Hi there,

The club monitors social media and select supporter forums to keep abreast of supporter opinions and experiences, but we cannot comment on every topic discussed by supporters - particularly those in which we do not possess the full information.

Indeed, if we opted to do so, it may stifle discussion.

We do our best to reach out and engage with supporters proactively.

However, for matters such as those discussed in this thread, we would encourage supporters to provide feedback to the club directly so that we can investigate.

For complete clarity, we have received a report on the above discussion, and we are investigating.

DC

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
For the vast majority of supporters, this sort of security is totally unnecessary. However as per usual it is the braindead minority that ruin it for everyone else.
One can only assume that a security risk has been identified, while virtually all supporters entering Home Park will not be a threat, it is the aforementioned minority, that gave cause for the security company to believe such steps were required. While not necessary for a PSF they are probably using these events to trial this system.

Even on this very site there are the few that believe taking pyro into the ground is acceptable.
One opinion that I have is that it could be connected to the laser pointer that was taken to Wembley (and used during the match). Therefore taking steps to ensure such items dont make it into grounds.

In which case why isn't the grandstand side of the stadium subject to the same security checks for the fans?

It's apparently a new security company so surely there would have been a meeting between the club and the security company where the security checks would have been agreed on.
Have the club been warned by the police or the EFL about previous security breaches where flares have been taken into Home Park, hence the new airport style checks, again why no checks on the grandstand side?

If this continues the club will need to warn fans to arrive very early for league games.