Argyle charged by the FA | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle charged by the FA

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Shame the ref wasnt fined for giving a penalty for an foul that happened outside of the 18 yard box

Lincoln must have been deemed to have had more aggro in them than us

What is bizarre is the ref didnt book anyone or send anyone off

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ridiculous fine if you ask me.

Reactions: David Doidge

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Shame the ref wasnt fined for giving a penalty for an foul that happened outside of the 18 yard box

Lincoln must have been deemed to have had more aggro in them than us

What is bizarre is the ref didnt book anyone or send anyone off
At that stage in the game it was probably best for the referee to leave it for closer examination by the EFL through video evidence. He would not have been certain that he had seen everything and had he showed a few cards it would have been deemed to have been dealt with on the park despite the likelihood that he didn't penalise every culprit.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
At that stage in the game it was probably best for the referee to leave it for closer examination by the EFL through video evidence. He would not have been certain that he had seen everything and had he showed a few cards it would have been deemed to have been dealt with on the park despite the likelihood that he didn't penalise every culprit.
What made him so special. Dozens of other refs just go for it then deny mistakes later. Let's face it the ref as usual, didn't have a clue and the FA are there to have a good session 4 times a year and get free England tickets.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
That is the most convincing evidence that I’ve seen that it should not have been a penalty, unless Sorensen hopped into the penalty area off his right foot.
No doubt Lundan Cabbie will find a reason that it was the correct decision,

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
What made him so special. Dozens of other refs just go for it then deny mistakes later. Let's face it the ref as usual, didn't have a clue and the FA are there to have a good session 4 times a year and get free England tickets.
Absolutely. If he didn't have a clue then it was probably best not to guess.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
That is the most convincing evidence that I’ve seen that it should not have been a penalty, unless Sorensen hopped into the penalty area off his right foot.
No doubt Lundan Cabbie will find a reason that it was the correct decision,
It was obviously a wrong decision but the fines are a result of players' reactions to that bad decision.

Reactions: davie nine

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
How many camera’s (no Pan intended) did Lincoln have at the stadium? Did the FA request to look at Argyle’s Matchday Moments coverage where there’s an extra camera or just rely on a single camera and the referee's report?

If so, this is similar to when James Wilson had a yellow card on the pitch turned into a 3 game ban because there were different camera angles of the incident.

Are the club being penalised because of the extra camera coverage from Matchday Moments and the 4 camera operation at Home Park?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It was obviously a wrong decision but the fines are a result of players' reactions to that bad decision.
I am reminded of the expression 'If in doubt, do nowt'. The ref was most undoubtedly uncertain, and therefore his best action was to do do nothing, and let play continue. This he failed to do, resulting in the players post match hiatus and resultant fines for the clubs. The ref knows he made a mistake but wrote his report re. the players as a distraction to his failing. I am prepared to admit he got no contribution from his linesman on the Lyndhurst side.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I am reminded of the expression 'If in doubt, do nowt'. The ref was most undoubtedly uncertain, and therefore his best action was to do do nothing, and let play continue. This he failed to do, resulting in the players post match hiatus and resultant fines for the clubs. The ref knows he made a mistake but wrote his report re. the players as a distraction to his failing. I am prepared to admit he got no contribution from his linesman on the Lyndhurst side.
Have you a link to or copy of the referee's report? I didn't realise it was in the public domain.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lyndhurst side? We are discussing a match played at Lincoln.
However, you are right that he didn’t discuss it with his nearest assistant.
Perhaps, we should have surrounded him and persuaded him to discuss the incident with his assistant like the Cambridge players did at Home Park recently.
The referee changed his decision on that occasion. Ironic that Wilson was banned for 3 games but no action was taken against that group of Cambridge players who harassed the referee.