Anoraks 42 - Team mates | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anoraks 42 - Team mates

Jan 11, 2016
I'm going to guess Paul Wotton for the greatest number of team mates - long career, two phases the second of which saw lots of comings and goings.

Over to you Steve with thanks for your patience!

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Sainghin Green":tgfdk58b said:
I'm going to guess Paul Wotton for the greatest number of team mates - long career, two phases the second of which saw lots of comings and goings.

Over to you Steve ...
OK then, for the greatest number of teammates (over 100), yes it's Paul Wotton, by a surprisingly large margin, with Kevin Hodges surprisingly far down (then again, nothing like the turnover in KH's day):

Paul Wotton 232
Mickey Evans 166
Luke McCormick 161
Gary Sawyer 161
Romain Larrieu 157
Martin Barlow 156
Kevin Hodges 138
George Silk 132
Curtis Nelson 127
Archie Gorman 125
Adrian Burrows 102
Jimmy Rae 101

And for the most frequent twosomes (top 15):

Geoff Crudgington + Kevin Hodges 365
Fred Craig + Moses Russell 354
Leigh Cooper + Kevin Hodges 350
Sammy Black + Jack Leslie 327
Kevin Hodges + Gordon Nisbet 320
Leigh Cooper + Geoff Crudgington 306
Geoff Crudgington + Gordon Nisbet 301
Pat Jones + Bill Shortt 299
Chris Harrison + Kevin Hodges 294
Leigh Cooper + Gordon Nisbet 273
Kevin Hodges + Tommy Tynan 270
Kevin Hodges + John Uzzell 266
Geoff Crudgington + Chris Harrison 266
Wilf Carter + Johnny Williams 263
Septimus Atterbury + Jimmy McCormick 259

I think! :funny:

Interesting article on The Guardian website about players who have made most appearances together in a team:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... s-together

Made me wonder, who would be the Argyle combination who have appeared together most often? Kevin Hodges has most appearances for us but I can't think of players who overlapped for vast periods of time. So would it be Wotts and Trigger maybe, or are we going back earlier to the 1950s, or even before WW2?

M

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Martin_Brock":r8nuebqi said:
Interesting article on The Guardian website about players who have made most appearances together in a team:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... s-together

Made me wonder, who would be the Argyle combination who have appeared together most often? Kevin Hodges has most appearances for us but I can't think of players who overlapped for vast periods of time. So would it be Wotts and Trigger maybe, or are we going back earlier to the 1950s, or even before WW2?

M
unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean it looks to me as if the answer to the question you ask is in the post immediately above yours.

Yes, I posted separately but my post was put into this thread. Helps to have everything together, although does look a little confusing for new readers who would think I was asking a question that had been answered above! I'm not that daft, even if I wear shorts in winter :)

M