An Evening With Ian Holloway | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

An Evening With Ian Holloway

Sep 3, 2011
I like Holloway. He put together a great team here at Argyle and is very entertaining.

He’s not the first manager to leave for more money and, if he knew what was going to happen next in the Argyle boardroom, it’s quite understandable. I didn’t like him saying that the Leicester rumour was poppycock, but that’s one silly mistake in an otherwise great time for the club.
He won't be the last to leave for more money either.

Aug 5, 2015
Let’s face it managers leave for one of two reasons generally. More money or they get sacked. There’s nothing sinful about properly channelled ambition

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Let’s face it managers leave for one of two reasons generally. More money or they get sacked. There’s nothing sinful about properly channelled ambition
Nobody minds that.
Sturrock going was a disappointment but he was honest about his ambition and his job here was done before he left.
He didn't lie about going.
He didn't say he and his family were settled here and couldn't imagine going anywhere else.
He didn't say that if he was cut he would bleed green blood.
He didn't laugh at a suggestion he was leaving days before he left.

It's not about ambition or looking after your family.
It's about honesty, integrity and trust.

Mar 23, 2013
I can’t say I’m bitter. Like most folk I have people and things in my life which are far far more important. But when it is suggested he was arguably Argyle’s greatest ever manager, that demands a response. He may well have achieved greater things at other clubs but for us he achieved next to nothing. Sorry but in my eyes that doesn’t bring him remotely near some of our truly great managers.
I disagree....he certainly had us knocking the right door that's for sure.....and it was great times... if we can all forgive Luke then we certainly should forgive ollie....the regret he has is very real.

Reactions: Tonka
Aug 5, 2015
One thing is for sure, we, the fans, had no say over either. Some won’t mind both, some will hate both and some won’t mind one but would mind about the other. Anybody would think Holloway was the only Argyle manager to put a decent team together but he’s not alone. Even Shilton managed that and arguably, achieved a whole lot more in his football career. From my perspective the only thing Holloway achieved was to enhance he’s own reputation at our expense.
More importantly perhaps we’re about to go through something similar