An Argyle Journey - Football Manager 2019 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

An Argyle Journey - Football Manager 2019

May 11, 2015
A new feature has started on Argyle.Life;
A weekly blog of the latest popular football manager game, hopefully taking Argyle from League One to the Premier League.
If you are a fan of the games or not, we hope it will be an entertaining and interactive series, where your comments can affect what we choose to do in the game.

An Argyle Journey: Part One

Aug 5, 2016
I'm not sure if you've played Football Manager before but it's an incredibly time-sapping attention-sponging game.

If you intend to do a weekly blog for every three players you're considering making a loan offer for, your game might take some time.

May 11, 2015
Knibbsworth":hi46ryp3 said:
I'm not sure if you've played Football Manager before but it's an incredibly time-sapping attention-sponging game.

If you intend to do a weekly blog for every three players you're considering making a loan offer for, your game might take some time.

Hi, James here.
I have played Football Manager for about 6 years now and well aware of that.
The option is there for people to get involved with suggestions, but ultimately decisions will be made by myself.
I won't be making any more signings until the next season probably, so it was only in this opening post where I was giving some options.
It won't be weekly updates, I'm looking at 2 posts a week, with the occasional third post when I've been playing more.
The next football manager game is a whole year away so that's plenty of time.

May 11, 2015
Part two is now available here!

We get through all our pre-season games and begin our league campaign with Walsall away and Southend at home.
We also get some terrible injuries to our best players.

Jun 24, 2008
Argyle Life":3jspk3dg said:

Enjoying your updates. It actually inspired me to drop my Salford save and start up my own Argyle to see how I fared.

I've had some similar luck to you with O'Keefe being a big performer and lots of wide player injuries early on however 10 games in I'm sat 2nd in the league!

I play a more 4-4-1-1 customised counter attacking system with slow building short passing system. I saw that your passing completion stats were impressive so thought I'd go in for the passing system.

I sold Songo, Ainsworth, Letheran and Wylde, managed to raise about 110k. Went out at signed Aneke for 230K, an albanian winger and Galloway on loan. I was also forced to sign Isgrove on loan from Barnsely following injuries (I lost Carey and Lamieras for 2 months!).

No idea how you got Ladapo to score, he's still on 0 for me and first to fall out with me was Peter Grant. Joel Grant is an impressive LM Inverted winger! I'd recommend a formation similar to this, its pretty much what I use but theres some retraining involved to make it work. Hence why I pushed the boat to sign Aneke rather then use Taylor or Lapado as advanced forwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNmVH6G ... t7RNLGLcB5

Keep it up!

Cheers

Jun 24, 2008
Argyle Life":2loamevp said:
Ah I'm really glad someone else is enjoying the series.
That's crazy that you are second.
I might have to try that system!
I got peanuts for all of those players haha.

Check out part 7 which is now available:
http://argyle.life/gaming/fm19-an-argyl ... transfers/

8 games to go and a play off push isn't impossible.

Yes loving the updates. I've just reached January window too. What's really interesting is seeing the similarities in Argyle players performing for each of us in different systems. Careys having an average season for me, is he performing for you?

This years FM is brilliant in my opinion. It's also interesting to see the players available due to falling out with clubs based on playing time and their league positions. Sunderland are are in the relegation zone in my game! I also took on one external scout, but the current lot are finding some decent talent. Out of nowhere too, just signed some random spanish cm from the league below la liga on a free based on their advice - leading league one player, worth the punt.

I had a shocking End Oct - November and I'm now yo-yoing between 8th-6th. Playoffs the aim now. Smith-Brown has really come into his own and Sawyer cant get in the side.

Thanks for the heads up on Galloway, he's so important. Will be checking out Stankovic. Are you having much want away players?

I've had to sell Taylor to Peterborough for 115k and both Ladapo & C.Grant req transfers despite some game time. Taylors influence caused an issue when not playing him (Got Aneke). Really struggling with that. I also sold Canavan for next to nothing but I'm glad I offloaded Song'o & Wylde early on having seen what you got for them. Do you do the 'Offer player to clubs' thing? That really helped me get the money I wanted and the players were more then happy to go on the transfer list.

Good effort in the FA Cup!

Jun 24, 2008
I also wondered if you have renewed any contracts yet? Unless i missed it amongst your updates.

I have just renewed Carey (3k pw to 4.4kpw - Huge agent/Loyalty fee's) & Rubens contract (1.8k down to 1.6k pw). Had to get Carey on one before Jan due to Sunderland/Notts Forest interest. I also remembered that Non-English clubs can make pre-agreements when contract is running down below 6 months.

I think I made an error with Carey though, in order to keep his weekly wage down I offered a min release clause of 2m.. on signing he's now valued at 1.5m and Notts Forest are still interested... Gulp!

Jun 24, 2008
Never mind, I missed your part 6! Seen your having similar issues with Taylor, didnt sell him though?

Huge contract for Carey considering only one peak month, similar form for me tbh but he's worth it.

May 11, 2015
Well, the season ended rather low-key. Spoiler alert, I didn't make the play-offs.
Carey did start performing but at the wrong time.

http://argyle.life/gaming/fm19-an-argyle-journey-part-8-end-of-the-season/

I'm currently 2 months into the next season, I'll be going through all my signings on Wednesday's update. I signed the most players in all of England...

I don't really want to spoil any more, but let's just say this series could be over very soon haha.