Agard (must be wondering what he has done wrong)) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Agard (must be wondering what he has done wrong))

Stuart Bloye

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Sep 17, 2003
Perhaps he is being saved for the MK plastic game in a couple of weeks.

Apr 1, 2009
Get him on Ryan..would give us soo much more then Luke.
Very experienced with a natural eye for goal.
That could describe Tommy Tynan!

How do you know he would "give us so much more than Luke"? He hasn't played enough or done enough to justify your claim. In truth he's a stopgap, an emergency cover signing when we failed to sign anyone better, Very much fourth choice at the moment, and fifth when/if Ennis is fit.

Reactions: Shoenice

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Get him on Ryan..would give us soo much more then Luke.
Very experienced with a natural eye for goal.
I absolutely agree with this. He scored in both PJT games he started and played well against Burton- his only league start. I would bench Jephcott on Saturday and give Agard a go. He's proven at both Rotherham and MK Dons he is a natural finisher, and Jephcott's finishing on Tuesday was woeful- he mishit all of them. You can't drop Hardie after 12 goals already this season, but he can be even more frustrating than LJ sometimes! We need a cool head up top at the minute and Agard, for me, fits the bill.

Dec 30, 2020
Such a daft & knee jerk thread.

Prior to the last two games we had been scoring freely all season, but after two defeats against tough opposition, we should ditch our strikers in favour of someone who has barely played, never mind scored, in league football for two years?

Agard was signed outside the transfer window when we had two fit strikers. The fact he’s here only reflects that he’s a better option than a) anyone else training in their local park at the time or b) literal children from our youth team.

I don’t think he has or will ever be under consideration to play in the first team unless something goes badly wrong.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The coaching staff aren't daft. They see him every day in training and if they thought he offered more he would have had more game time by now I feel. He is probably a model professional and doing his very best to justify a starting place but his best days are almost certainly behind him now. He was brought in as a stop gap squad filler when Ennis was injured. It's all very well looking at him scoring on Youtube 3 or 4 years ago or more but he hadn't scored for 2 years before joining us.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
RL being a former striker will know what strikers will be the best fit for each individual game- just because we have not scored in the last 2 games does not mean Jephs & Hotdog are no longer fit for purpose
We will get games when it will not fall or stick for the 2 that are up top but RL will not make wholesale changes just for the sake of it
I feel once Niall is back in the fold RL will make changes regarding the 2 up top
Maybe we will see Kieran play in the FA Cup at Rochdale other than that i feel he will be on the subs bench

Aug 11, 2013
Difficult to prove yourself in short spells and that also brings extra pressure to perform in that limited game time which has probably counted against him. You need competition for places by ‘resting’ players that haven’t performed and to keep Jephers on his toes I’d give him a go personally. Could bring the best out of both.