• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

After Brexit

May 16, 2016
I voted Remain, travel regularly to and from Spain, come across some additional but not insurmountable hurdles since Brexit, but jeez, some need to lighten up and try breathing out or sitting in the sun for an hour or two.

May 16, 2016
"British factory output grew for a 16th consecutive month in September. The UK manufacturing PMI reading for the period was 57.1, well above the 50 mark that denotes growth"

May 16, 2016
"Mini Moke production moved from France to Britain. The revived recreational vehicle will be built entirely in the UK following a new agreement with British manufacturer Fablink Group"

May 16, 2016
September's highlights:
▪️Aston Martin: £200m F1 factory
▪️Tevva: New factory, 1,000 jobs
▪️Britvic: £26.9m investment
▪️JDR: £130m factory, 170 jobs
▪️Perspex: £30m investment
▪️Spirit AeroSystems: £28m facility ▪️PepsiCo: £24m investment ▪️MOKE: Reshoring production

May 16, 2016
"Plans submitted by Nissan's battery partner Envision AESC for a new £450 million gigafactory in Sunderland are set to be approved next week. Scheduled to open in 2024, the huge investment will create and safeguard more than 1,000 jobs"

May 16, 2016
"JCB is ramping up production to record levels after reporting a profit for the 76th consecutive year. Since January, the British manufacturer has recruited 1,350 new employees & handed permanent contracts to 1,000 agency workers"

Nov 15, 2011
I voted Remain, travel regularly to and from Spain, come across some additional but not insurmountable hurdles since Brexit, but jeez, some need to lighten up and try breathing out or sitting in the sun for an hour or two.
Cheers Guiri when I'm next in a queue for petrol behind 100 cars and it gets to the 2nd hour as it did on Monday I'll remember to lighten up, problem solved! How's the petrol queues in the EU by the way?

Nov 15, 2011
"JCB is ramping up production to record levels after reporting a profit for the 76th consecutive year. Since January, the British manufacturer has recruited 1,350 new employees & handed permanent contracts to 1,000 agency workers"
76 years , hmm not really this or any of your examples have anything to do with Brexit. Or change anyone's daily lived experiences here resulting from Brexit that don't happen to you in Spain.

May 16, 2016
76 years , hmm not really this or any of your examples have anything to do with Brexit. Or change anyone's daily lived experiences here resulting from Brexit that don't happen to you in Spain.
I'm not in Spain. I'm in the UK isolating after contracting COVID. Luckily thanks to our early roll out of vaccine, I'm double jabbed (at HP) so have only suffered a few days of Man Flu like symptoms.

Wife topped her car up with no drama last weekend.

Tesco have just delivered food, including Kiwis from Chile, Apples from S.Africa and some meat from Ireland.

Not gone hungry or been hospitalised. Just like before Brexit.

In a few weeks I'm off to Spain and back for Christmas, just like before Brexit.

You may choose to look at the world through smeared lenses, I've chosen to not live the last of my days under your cloud. You like me, have had since 2016 to gird your loins. There's no denying Brexit has contributed to problems, but so has Covid. I went into my first lockdown a good 9 months before the transition period ended, not something to be ignored.

signalspast

50/50 Sponsor
T.O Support
Aug 17, 2005
German inflation rate 4.2. Being the main paymaster of the eu will cause problems fie the euro with higher costs for the shared debt. Will also cause problems for there monthly quantative easing with the need to control the money in system to bring down inflation

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not in Spain. I'm in the UK isolating after contracting COVID. Luckily thanks to our early roll out of vaccine, I'm double jabbed (at HP) so have only suffered a few days of Man Flu like symptoms.

Wife topped her car up with no drama last weekend.

Tesco have just delivered food, including Kiwis from Chile, Apples from S.Africa and some meat from Ireland.

Not gone hungry or been hospitalised. Just like before Brexit.

In a few weeks I'm off to Spain and back for Christmas, just like before Brexit.

You may choose to look at the world through smeared lenses, I've chosen to not live the last of my days under your cloud. You like me, have had since 2016 to gird your loins. There's no denying Brexit has contributed to problems, but so has Covid. I went into my first lockdown a good 9 months before the transition period ended, not something to be ignored.
"Smeared lenses" ie objective reality. So you're ok which I'm very happy about, you can disappear off to the EU where there's no food shortages or closed petrol stations, too bad for the rest of us.

The point I'm making is that things are bad for millions of people, I've heard carers who can't get to see their patients and teachers who can't get to schools. And until the Government recognise the problem it will get worse.

And its nothing to do with 2016 and the Brexit vote, that's gone, its about dealing with the crises, which could be done pretty quickly if we had a functioning competent Government whose stupid ideology didn't override the welfare of the British people.

Nov 15, 2011
German inflation rate 4.2. Being the main paymaster of the eu will cause problems fie the euro with higher costs for the shared debt. Will also cause problems for there monthly quantative easing with the need to control the money in system to bring down inflation
The EU rate of inflation is 3.2% slightly higher than 3.0% in the UK. However the Bank of England has warned that this will rise significantly this year , exacerbated by the UK's self imposed trade barriers with the EU from where we import just under half our stuff. Then in January if the Government does actually get Brexit done can you imagine what will happen to inflation when every single item coming into the country will be subject to quantifying, quality checked forms and other red tape, duties, VAT and tariffs where country of origin checks aren't passed.

In the last few weeks the pound has depreciated from 1.18 to 1.16 euros and again its only going one way when Brexit is fully implemented. The pound was 1.42 just before the Brexit vote was announced ie we're paying 20% more for everything coming into the UK from Europe plus foreign travel holidays etc