• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

After Brexit

Nov 15, 2011
You said that energy prices have were rocketing. I haven’t seen any huge rises since brexit, but they will now because of the global situation that’s also hitting the eu. You also mention all the companies in it to make a quick buck, but the utilities were privatised in the 80’s, long before brexit.
You can't just keep ignoring what I'm saying you look ridiculous. The recent global energy rise have hit everyone and this has nothing to do with Brexit as I said on page 1

"Global energy prices have nothing to do with Brexit, but the UK now having the highest energy prices in Europe - which we didn't previously - does. The EU Internal Energy Market means they can absorb the price shocks whereas the UK now on its own has 70 providers, many chancers trying to make a quick buck and going bust, and the taxpayer will pick up the £1 billion bill to bail them out."

Then add on the post Brexit costs arising from the barriers we have voluntarily erected with Europe , and you have the perfect storm.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
You can't just keep ignoring what I'm saying you look ridiculous. The recent global energy rise have hit everyone and this has nothing to do with Brexit as I said on page 1

"Global energy prices have nothing to do with Brexit, but the UK now having the highest energy prices in Europe - which we didn't previously - does. The EU Internal Energy Market means they can absorb the price shocks whereas the UK now on its own has 70 providers, many chancers trying to make a quick buck and going bust, and the taxpayer will pick up the £1 billion bill to bail them out."

Then add on the post Brexit costs arising from the barriers we have voluntarily erected with Europe , and you have the perfect storm.
Ok then, consumer prices have rocketed then. I just don’t understand why I’m paying roughly £40 a month in the summer and £70 in the winter when the heating is on, which is similar to what I was paying 10 years ago. I must be the lucky one.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Just to add, if you had said that we pay higher than Europe for your energy it might have made sense, but using the word rocketing cannot mean just higher prices, but would describe the global situation. If you choose your words to be sensationalist, then people like me will misunderstand.

Nov 15, 2011
Just to add, if you had said that we pay higher than Europe for your energy it might have made sense, but using the word rocketing cannot mean just higher prices, but would describe the global situation. If you choose your words to be sensationalist, then people like me will misunderstand.
Ie I didn’t bother to read what he actually said which in retrospect was entirely correct.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Ie I didn’t bother to read what he actually said which in retrospect was entirely correct.
Are you for real? You said that energy prices are rocketing, now you’re saying that the rocketing prices are not to do with brexit but consistently higher prices is. Therefore I didn’t read it correctly. It’s there in black and white! You write something, then backtrack and claim you didn’t write it and that I didn’t bother reading what you say. Bizzare!

Nov 15, 2011
Are you for real? You said that energy prices are rocketing, now you’re saying that the rocketing prices are not to do with brexit but consistently higher prices is. Therefore I didn’t read it correctly. It’s there in black and white! You write something, then backtrack and claim you didn’t write it and that I didn’t bother reading what you say. Bizzare!
"now you’re saying that the rocketing prices are not to do with brexit but consistently higher prices is." I am saying nothing off the sort, you know what I'm saying that rising global gas prices are nothing to do with Brexit (which you have twice denied I actually said) but price rises in the UK are higher than Europe because of Brexit factors. Which I've said all along and is factually correct.

C'mon mate it's not going well is it, you can only keep saying black is white for so long. The Brexit journey has evolved from sunlit uplands, to things are pretty much the same to the fact I'm hopping everywhere is nothing to do with me hacking my own leg off.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Simple question with a simple yes or no answer. Did you or did you not attribute rocketing energy prices to brexit?

I’ll help you out.

B3E4F439-5661-4CDB-A5DA-8A196589BDD3.png

Nov 15, 2011
This is desperate desperate stuff, you know what I've said so yes the increase in energy prices in the UK which are far higher in the UK than the EU is down to us no longer being in the EU Internal Energy Market and Brexit barriers to trade. I've said 3 times that the global increase in gas prices which is also a factor is nothing to do with Brexit, but as soon as you read that you stick your fingers in your ears say blah blah blah and nothing else can be a factor. My daughter used to do that when she was 5.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Ok, you did say it but won’t admit to it, but instead say I’m childish and didn’t read it properly. That’s why there is no point in discussing things with you. Night night.

Nov 15, 2011
I admit and stand by every single word I said, including those you said I didn't say.

Just seeing pictures of long queues at petrol stations all over the country. I blame Meghan Markle.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Bojo and Grunt (Mi)Shapps say: No shortage; don't panic buy. What happens next?

Cos they trust them see; like Bojo and (Mi)Shapps have never lied have they?! (That includes Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox too!)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Ok, you didn’t say it even though I’ve provided a screenshot to show that you did, I’ll leave it at that.

Going on the uK having higher prices than the EU, I’ve had a look at the average prices for the EU and gas is shown at 6p/unit and electric at 20p/unit. I’m currently paying 3p and 18p respectively. The only figures I could find were for the end of 2020.

May 16, 2016
If anyone's interested, my Spanish Electricity has always been more expensive than my UK supply.

That's based on lived experience rather than stuff I've found on Google.

Reactions: GreenThing
Nov 15, 2011
My monthly payment has just gone up from £85 to £133 as my old provider went bust and this reflects the new tariff which is 40% higher.

That’s my lived experience not what I’ve read on google.

signalspast

50/50 Sponsor
T.O Support
Aug 17, 2005

Part of the reason that the uk had got a higher price is because our Gas had a higher calorific value than a lot of European country. A major north sea supplier of Gas just the other day said they could solve the shortage in the uk if they dropped the calorific value to the same as in the EU