AFCON | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFCON

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Don't know whether anyone has watched any of this - but a lot of the games have been mental. Not sure there has been a madder group stage in an international tournament than group B of this AFCON. Ghana concede 2 in injury time to draw 2-2 with Mozambique and Egypt take the lead in the 95th minute against Cape Verde to go 2-1 up, to then concede an equaliser in the 103rd, but still qualify for the knockouts after a hattrick of 2-2s due to Mozambique's comeback.

So Cape Verde through and Ghana out..

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
The hosts demolished by Equatorial Guinea and facing an early exit. There have been numerous surprise results in the tournament so far. Time for a new champion?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I'm not as excited by this tournament as I was in previous years. Previously I thought there was year on year improvent in the African game. Good to see the potential to win the tournament spread about a bit but I think that the price of that has been a slight drop in quality.

Reactions: Belfast Green

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I'm not as excited by this tournament as I was in previous years. Previously I thought there was year on year improvent in the African game. Good to see the potential to win the tournament spread about a bit but I think that the price of that has been a slight drop in quality.
I think you are being generous. The bits I’ve watched have been a very poor standard compared to previous years where there were some good teams.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Bafana bafana beaten by Nigeria on pens. Super Eagles advance to the final. This tournament has been so topsy turvey. Now the hosts Ivory Coast take on DRC in the second semi.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat