Aaron Ramsdale | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Aaron Ramsdale

Mar 16, 2009
London
The idea that this is all a big masterplan, is hard to believe.

They’ve lurched between masterplans since Wenger left/they moved to the Emirates. The last masterplan was Edu signing as many Brazilians with the same agent as he could find, and they’ve had more director of footballs than wins against top four opponents.

As Alan Davies would say… Highbury didn’t die for this!

Yep. There was some perplexing decision making last year (although signing a seasoned Brazilian from Chelsea doesn’t exactly equal a masterplan)

This summer’s been different. Intelligent signings of exactly the right age and pedigree. Young England internationals like Ben White don’t come cheap. That’s the hard reality, and they have sell-on value. The squad‘s now brimming with young, emerging talent who’ve a season of limited distractions to blend. Come November they’ll either be flying - or Arteta will be gone.

Judgement just 3 games into a coivd-disrupted season is for the hysterical few; headline writers and the odd gullible fool who laps up every word.

Aug 5, 2016
Exactly Mervyn. They seem to be signing
Yep. There was some perplexing decision making last year (although signing a seasoned Brazilian from Chelsea doesn’t exactly equal a masterplan)

This summer’s been different. Intelligent signings of exactly the right age and pedigree. Young England internationals like Ben White don’t come cheap. That’s the hard reality, and they have sell-on value. The squad‘s now brimming with young, emerging talent who’ve a season of limited distractions to blend. Come November they’ll either be flying - or Arteta will be gone.

Judgement just 3 games into a coivd-disrupted season is for the hysterical few; headline writers and the odd gullible fool who laps up every word.

I can’t see Ben White’s sell on value ever being more than what they have paid for him. He is already one of the most expensive side backs ever, so he needs to be consistently world class just to resemble good value. Just because he is young doesn’t mean paying huge is sensible.

Man Utd spent big on Jadon Sancho, one of the best wingers in Europe with goals and assists coming out of his ears, and plenty of youth on his side.

Surely you can see the difference between players that are young AND elite/near elite, rather than players that are just young?

Ben White, Aaron Ramsdale, Lokonga. Do you see the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool or Chelsea queuing up to sign these players, let alone blowing £150m in the process?

Arsenal seem to be shopping in different aisles to the rest of world football.

These signings might work out in 2-3 years time, but I thought that was the idea with Saka, Holding, Smith-Rowe, Maitland Niles etc.

The squad is weighted far too heavy with potential rather than players who can deliver in the here and now.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
In Arsenal’s defence… yes they are shopping in different aisles. Sancho would never have come to them, so they have to pay a premium for potential rather than ready made class.

Because of how the club’s been run pretty much since Wenger left, they’re in a vicious circle of 1) overpaying to catch up, 2) for potential because no world class players are going to come and play for a mid table side in crisis.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I don't get what all the fuss is about amongst Arsenal fans. Welcome to the real world of being a football supporter.

Mar 16, 2009
London
I don't get what all the fuss is about amongst Arsenal fans. Welcome to the real world of being a football supporter.
I think most of the fuss on here is coming from non-Arsenal fans who think they know it all, but reveal how completely out of their depth they are by getting pretty much every fact wrong, and all the points they’re trying to make jumbled up.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I think most of the fuss on here is coming from non-Arsenal fans who think they know it all, but reveal how completely out of their depth they are by getting pretty much every fact wrong, and all the points they’re trying to make jumbled up.
On the train back from London last night I entertained myself by watching all the fan interviews on AFTV. These were stalwart Gooners and it is mainly those supporters that I was referring to.

Mar 16, 2009
London
On the train back from London last night I entertained myself by watching all the fan interviews on AFTV. These were stalwart Gooners and it is mainly those supporters that I was referring to.
AFTV is lowest common denominator rubbish. It really is utter trash.

Arsenal Vision on the other hand js the complete opposite - educated, intelligent and right on the money.

Aug 5, 2016

I suppose the fact that Arsenal have spent £150m this summer (the most of any Premier League club), are bottom of the league, scored 0 and conceded 9 are a just few facts that can’t be contested.

Last edited:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
AFTV is lowest common denominator rubbish. It really is utter trash.

Arsenal Vision on the other hand js the complete opposite - educated, intelligent and right on the money.
.... and very American. Still raving about the "fun night" beating West Brom's kids but nothing yet on yesterday afternoon's fiasco. At least AFTV is immediate and gives the true feeling of these people who mostly were there to witness what happened at the Etihad.

Mar 16, 2009
London
.... and very American. Still raving about the "fun night" beating West Brom's kids but nothing yet on yesterday afternoon's fiasco. At least AFTV is immediate and gives the true feeling of these people who mostly were there to witness what happened at the Etihad.

Eh? They have an instant reaction pod after every game! Presumably you don’t subscribe so you won’t have access to yesterday’s - it’s over an hour long and I’ve already listened to it . They have pretty much daily content.

I’m guessing you’d never heard of it until I mentioned it, and then you’ve just rushed to find a free pod, and made a hasty judgement.There’s a tongue-in-cheek humour on there that you’ve totally missed if you seriously think they were raving about last Wednesday.

It’s an American that runs it yes- the other 3 regulars are all British, and are all massive massive Arsenal fans. Including the absolutely brilliant Clive Palmer. Everyone could learn a lot from him.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I had heard of it, my brother is a massive Arsenal fan. You can't dismiss AFTV as simply being rubbish. Robbie Lyle and co are true red Gooners. It would be like dismissing PASOTI because those posting are too Green. Are you saying they should not be angry with this start to the season? My original comment was a bit tongue in cheek because most football supporters have had to endure starts to a campaign like this so why should it be any different when it happens to a club like Arsenal?

Mar 16, 2009
London
I had heard of it, my brother is a massive Arsenal fan. You can't dismiss AFTV as simply being rubbish. Robbie Lyle and co are true red Gooners. It would be like dismissing PASOTI because those posting are too Green. Are you saying they should not be angry with this start to the season? My original comment was a bit tongue in cheek because most football supporters have had to endure starts to a campaign like this so why should it be any different when it happens to a club like Arsenal?

AFTV is sensationalism and outrage. It's to football discourse what The Sunday Sport is to quality journalism. I didn't realise anyone took it seriously.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Unfortunately, they probably won't go down, but it would be great if they stayed bottom for as long as possible...
Justin's panic is hilarious, to those of us used to a lack of success at HP.
It can't get any worse matey, unless Spurs were top of course :unsure:

Mar 16, 2009
London
No panic from me whatsoever. I’m very happy with the signings, and supportive of the rebuild - as stated on pretty much every post I’ve made. Guessing you haven’t read a single one of my other posts then - so I’ll state one more time - it’s a work in progress and only a fool makes a judgement so early in the season. Are you honestly bothered by the league table in August?

Aug 5, 2016
Is Justin panicking?
His attitude reeks of arrogance if anything!
Seems to think any criticism is media brainwashing led by Joe Cole.
Meanwhile all of Arteta’s signings are well judged additions and £150m well spent.
Still not sure if Justin has either looked at the league table, or watched the performances.
Even Norwich fans are panicking after their start, but Justin reckons everything is tickety boo from a side with 10 x the wage bill.
Will be an interesting case to follow throughout the season.
Wonder if Justin has money on a top half finish? Might get decent odds after those 3 opening games.