Aaron Ramsdale | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Aaron Ramsdale

Mar 16, 2009
London
Their squad is so good only one Arsenal player made it to the England Euro squad. From the supposed biggest club in London!

They just spent £30m on an ordinary keeper with a PhD in getting relegated. £150m in reserve players no other clubs want.

They have a random ex-player managing who doesn’t have any experience in what he is doing.

Their captain tried his best all summer to leave.

An atrocious set of defenders that Lukaku managed to batter all by himself.

Big pressure on Aubemeyang to keep this rapidly descending ship afloat

So many inaccuracies in your post I can’t work out what’s motivating you to type if you can’t even be bothered to check basic facts.

Aubameyang’s captain by the way.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Raging jealousy perchance?
Nope. It’s more to do with most people my age from an early age choosing to adopt a top 4 team rather than Argyle and having the p*as taken for years on end. It has been refreshing to see Leicester and more recently West Ham do so well in the Prem.

Reactions: Knibbsworth

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Nope. It’s more to do with most people my age from an early age choosing to adopt a top 4 team rather than Argyle and having the p*as taken for years on end. It has been refreshing to see Leicester and more recently West Ham do so well in the Prem.
Why not include Man City along with West Ham and Leicesre? Their rise to promince is only recent too.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
According to the bookies Arteta is the clear favourite for first prem manager to be sacked.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah… Arsenal aren’t very good.

The Brentford game summed it up, despite only being the first game of the season. Everyone expected Brentford to win and they did comfortably, which wasn’t a surprise at all. Which is an amazing thing, given the pedigree of the two clubs.

Arsenal are one of the few clubs in the league that every single side will think they can realistically beat, which again is amazing to think.

Aug 5, 2016
Can’t believe the media have convinced the ‘gullible neutrals‘ that Arsenal aren’t a force to be reckoned with this season!

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Just read that Arsenal spent the same on Ramsdale, Odegaard and White as United did on Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo.

Good business that.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s a vicious circle for them, because the worse they get and the longer they’re out of the Champions League… the more of a premium they have to pay to get players in. It goes without saying that Sancho, Varane or Ronaldo would never join Arsenal no matter the money offered.

Think it was Rory Smith who was making the point on the radio that it shouldn’t be possible in this unequal era dominated by super clubs, to go from the elite to lower mid table. It’s quite an achievement :ROFLMAO:

Mar 16, 2009
London
Can’t believe the media have convinced the ‘gullible neutrals‘ that Arsenal aren’t a force to be reckoned with this season!

Nice of you to be so interested, but as I said, It's a work in progress.

Anyone who gets wet with excitement because people like Joe Cole and other ex-pros who can barely string a coherent sentence together reckon Arsenal are in crisis because they've just lost to the 2 champions league finalists without their first choice defence, and therefore conclude they'll finish in the bottom half of the table, are most definitely gullible.

The new signings are intentionally young players of 23 and under, to start a squad rebuild that will ensure maximum future value (as opposed to signing a 36 year old on half a £million-a-week wages because it's good for the share price / brand profile)

According to you all the new signings are other people's reserves who nobody wants.

That would be players like Lokonga - 21 years old and signed from Anderlecht, where he was captain, and who's just been included in the Belgium squad. The next De Bruyne would be more accurate.

Arteta may or may not survive. Trust me I've had grave doubts since he was appointed. No one at the club, nor any of the fans will be judging him while the decimated squad is ravaged with covid and injuries though. Arsenal finished last season as one of the form sides so he's bought himself more time. Whatever happens, the building work has begun and as there's no midweek European distractions, Arsenal will have it a lot easier than many rivals as the season unfolds.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Uh oh did you just call Lokonga the next De Bruyne?
Will he be partnering the next Vieira in your midfield.

Don't forget you also lost to Brentford where Ben White was schooled by Ivan Toney.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The idea that this is all a big masterplan, is hard to believe.

They’ve lurched between masterplans since Wenger left/they moved to the Emirates. The last masterplan was Edu signing as many Brazilians with the same agent as he could find, and they’ve had more director of footballs than wins against top four opponents.

As Alan Davies would say… Highbury didn’t die for this!

I think the problem for Arsenal is that the Prem is now the most unforgiving place to build a new team, tactics, spirit etc. I’m not suggesting for one moment there’s any complacency there, but they are the only top flight team never to have been relegated, and the R word must be so far from the club’s collective mind that this could be their undoing, as ManU and Tottenham discovered in the seventies.

They may discover too late that they don’t have the battling qualities of Burnley, Palace or Brighton for example, no matter how many costly, skilfull individuals there may be in the team.