A look ahead to the upcoming campaign | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

A look ahead to the upcoming campaign

• Thread starter shoutsfromthestands
  • Start date

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Connor":7x9wnbxh said:
I am going for a mild fling with the playoffs, but a mid-table finish in the end. 12/13 I think, could be the season we are promoted back to League One.
a mild fling might turn in to a flert and then we might just get lucky,

L

lostinleeds

'There or there about' is unfortunately well off the mark. With the season 2 weeks away we barely have a squad together (and the 'new' players have agreed to sign, rather than actually signed). The side therefore haven't had a proper pre-season. God knows what financial tomfoolery awaits us in the future, but I can only see another relegation struggle. Can't say at the moment that I'd be surprised if we were relegated again, assuming that we actually make it to the start of the season.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
LostinLeeds":inlnw3zt said:
'There or there about' is unfortunately well off the mark. With the season 2 weeks away we barely have a squad together (and the 'new' players have agreed to sign, rather than actually signed). The side therefore haven't had a proper pre-season. God knows what financial tomfoolery awaits us in the future, but I can only see another relegation struggle. Can't say at the moment that I'd be surprised if we were relegated again, assuming that we actually make it to the start of the season.

so exactly how many games have you seen to be able to judge that we will be in another relegation struggle??

i'd be a lot more worried (but only about relegation tbh!) if i was a QPR fan :cry:

L

lostinleeds

pogleswoody":2tn42bm5 said:
LostinLeeds":2tn42bm5 said:

so exactly how many games have you seen to be able to judge that we will be in another relegation struggle??

i'd be a lot more worried (but only about relegation tbh!) if i was a QPR fan :cry:

I haven't seen the two friendly defeats against decent opposition, but you can't judge much from friendlies where almost every player gets subbed. What I have witnessed is two relegations in a row, and an FC with no money to properly sign any new players with less than 2 weeks to go to the new season (and remember that 2 players who had agreed to sign for us have since departed). It would be unfair to expect a team brought together under such circumstances to start the season well.

There were many on here confidently predicting promotion last season, blind optimism is common amongst football fans. I think I predicted 14th or something like that last season and even that turned out to be widely optimistic. :(

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
LostinLeeds":1jxa8hdp said:
pogleswoody":1jxa8hdp said:
LostinLeeds":1jxa8hdp said:

I haven't seen the two friendly defeats against decent opposition, but you can't judge much from friendlies where almost every player gets subbed. What I have witnessed is two relegations in a row, and an FC with no money to properly sign any new players with less than 2 weeks to go to the new season (and remember that 2 players who had agreed to sign for us have since departed). It would be unfair to expect a team brought together under such circumstances to start the season well.

There were many on here confidently predicting promotion last season, blind optimism is common amongst football fans. I think I predicted 14th or something like that last season and even that turned out to be widely optimistic. :(

lets agree and take 14th then!! :)

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
LostinLeeds":2uuq389o said:
pogleswoody":2uuq389o said:
LostinLeeds":2uuq389o said:

I agree that you should not get carried away with pre-season games but having seen the games against Bristol City and QPR it is encouraging that Peter Reid appears to have assembled something that actually looks like a football team compared to the rubbish we've been subjected to for the past 3 seasons.

Early days yet but I like what I've seen so far.

Jul 29, 2010
Football?, there's only one game in town and it's wrestling Plymouth Argyle out of the hands of unfit and improper persons.

Couldn't give a carrotty stump about football right now, it's irrelevent.