3421 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’ve seen some people in the week saying that we should go back to two up top. I couldn’t disagree more.

The new system enables us to create so much quicker, we create better opportunities with minimal fuss.

Credit to Schuey, I understand why he didn’t change things too much after Lowe’s departure but now he’s putting his own stamp on things.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
I don't like it, I love it!

I think Danny and Finn are both able to contribute more in this system. However, perhaps it's more about the style of uptemponess (copyright applied for) we played today - there was an energy that is often lacking. For example, Jordan Houghton seemed to get further forward than he did all last year (except when taking a corner!)

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
I don't like it, I love it!

I think Danny and Finn are both able to contribute more in this system. However, perhaps it's more about the style of uptemponess (copyright applied for) we played today - there was an energy that is often lacking. For example, Jordan Houghton seemed to get further forward than he did all last year (except when taking a corner!)
Imagine playing that when Carey and lamerias where here !

Reactions: elburtontrev
Aug 22, 2020
I think houghton and Randle have to start. We looked so much more comfortable. I think butcher is a good player to bring on but doesn’t have any star quality

Reactions: abandonedhope
May 13, 2021
I think in playing the extra midfielder you have a lot more freedom with interchangeability (copyright also applied for). For example, Jordan could quite easily get forward while Danny sits causing confusion in the opposition, whereas i would think anchoring in a DCM role is something that wouldnt come as comfortable with striker.

Reactions: Gretna

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We started 3-4-2-1 and battered them first half.

They changed to a back 4 second and got a little joy so we changed to a 3-5-2 and regained control by having 2 CF’s on.

That’s a tactical piece of work from SS. To change it mid game and players to so fluidly adapt is also commendable.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
The main difference is the 3-4-2-1 has is width.

Mayor and Azaz support not only Hardie, but the wing backs. Mayor is finally in a more attacking natural position to suit his skill set.

Argyle had countless opportunities from attacking wide positions.

The 3-1-4-2 leaves us more exposed on the counter. It was interesting that Mayor came off for Ennis. As l just don’t think Mayor suits the CM role in that system.

Azaz has more defensive midfielder qualities that Mayor, so he can slot into that system at CM and have better impact.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The main difference is the 3-4-2-1 has is width.

Mayor and Azaz support not only Hardie, but the wing backs. Mayor is finally in a more attacking natural position to suit his skill set.

Argyle had countless opportunities from attacking wide positions.

The 3-1-4-2 leaves us more exposed on the counter. It was interesting that Mayor came off for Ennis. As l just don’t think Mayor suits the CM role in that system.

Azaz has more defensive midfielder qualities that Mayor, so he can slot into that system at CM and have better impact.

I personally would have brought on Jephcott instead of Ennis to play two up top with Hardie. Feel sorry for the lad - he’s been played out of position countless times and now gets overlooked completely, when actually he’s been our most prolific striker in the last two seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: saxman

Lameiras Fan

🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹
Jun 27, 2022
Portugal
We started 3-4-2-1 and battered them first half.

They changed to a back 4 second and got a little joy so we changed to a 3-5-2 and regained control by having 2 CF’s on.

That’s a tactical piece of work from SS. To change it mid game and players to so fluidly adapt is also commendable.
I loved Lowe but what's been talking about here was one of my only gripes with him. Always felt like he was a "plan B is to try and make plan A work" type of manager, who lacked tactical flexibility and adaptability when things weren't going so well or according to plan. When it worked it was a sight to behold, when it didn't... quite the opposite.

There's still going to some growing pains or dips in form, would be unreasonable to expect otherwise but everyday I keep being impressed by Schuey.

Reactions: Jannerz
Jun 24, 2008
It's certainly more defensively sound. The problem with the other formation is we're much more vulnerable to balls into the channels between the L/R sided CB and WB's.

Which was evident as soon as we brought Ennis on yesterday and went 2 up top. Within minutes, Peterborough had the best attacking spell. Luckily we saw it through and sorted it out quickly.

Mayor has more freedom in this formation and its perfect for Azaz too, who is simply superb.

Reactions: Jannerz

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
It's certainly more defensively sound. The problem with the other formation is we're much more vulnerable to balls into the channels between the L/R sided CB and WB's.

Which was evident as soon as we brought Ennis on yesterday and went 2 up top. Within minutes, Peterborough had the best attacking spell. Luckily we saw it through and sorted it out quickly.

Mayor has more freedom in this formation and its perfect for Azaz too, who is simply superb.

You make a great point.

I thought it was Taylor but it was Randell for them who had that chance.

If we were playing the double pivot at the time a Houghton or Randell would of hopefully been in that channel to stop him coming inside.

Reactions: macleanie

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Schumacher said: "They are all good players and they have got loads of ability. I just think the understanding of them playing together and understanding the system is getting there.

"It's not perfect yet, but it's getting better. As we seen today, when we get it right and we play forwards into them three attacking players at the top of the pitch it's hard to stop.

"It's really pleasing they are gelling and getting to grips with it but I still think there is room for improvement as well."

The way we thought this new system was going to click so quickly wasn’t realistic. Even now he is emphasising that understanding the system and establishing partnerships will take time.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Everyone played well and maybe just maybe the fans who loved to slag off DM may just start to understand what he brings to the game.

Reactions: foreigner

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Everyone played well and maybe just maybe the fans who loved to slag off DM may just start to understand what he brings to the game.

It helps he is playing in an attacking postion that allows him to be further advanced and attack in the channels. Under the old system he is deeper, more central and has more defensive responsibilities.