10 years ago today | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

10 years ago today

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We came out of administration at 12.27pm on 31st October 2011 when the Football League granted the 'new' Plymouth Argyle the 'Golden Share' as a 'leap of faith'. I will raise a glass or two to celebrate that time on Sunday, hopefully with three points in the bag..

For anyone interested, as ever, Greens on Screen has meticulously recorded the detail. Looking through the month of October 2011 brings back quite a few memories.

Today is the anniversary of when we KNEW we were saved Graham.

Aug 13, 2009
Never felt so relieved as when I heard that we were finally saved.
To think we nearly lost our club sends shivers down my spine.
Angry with the idiots who let it get that far.
Well done and thankyou to all who helped save the club.

Definitely needs a book written to capture the whole, sorry saga.

Reactions: rsp4

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
From memory at the time there were three clubs that were vying for good things, Cardiff, Burnley and us.

They reckon that if Burnley hadn't gone up they would have crashed and burned, Cardiff poxed it (thanks to Riddler) with Vincey baby and we crashed and burned.

I know ALL of the facts regarding our demise, and without Tony Wrathall digging into his pockets, most of what we did enjoy would not have happened. There simply wasn't enough people with money chipping in, and when the promise of the Japanese money was sniffed, the people that should have looked after our club simply didn't.

Reactions: Jason Winser
Oct 31, 2015
From memory at the time there were three clubs that were vying for good things, Cardiff, Burnley and us.

They reckon that if Burnley hadn't gone up they would have crashed and burned, Cardiff poxed it (thanks to Riddler) with Vincey baby and we crashed and burned.

I know ALL of the facts regarding our demise, and without Tony Wrathall digging into his pockets, most of what we did enjoy would not have happened. There simply wasn't enough people with money chipping in, and when the promise of the Japanese money was sniffed, the people that should have looked after our club simply didn't.
Indebted to all involved at the time who dragged us through and to JB who took the plunge.

Maybe as others have said putting it all on paper will make a good read.

I know bits from a mate of mine who was very close to the club at the time but Ian your Memoires would be pricelessly 👍👍

Oct 26, 2005
Plymouth
Winding up petition, unpaid staff, unpaid players, unpaid contractors, unpaid suppliers, Keith Todd, Mastpoint, PAST&DT, Paul Stapleton, Dubai - I haven't even been in the sea yet, Peter Ridsdale, £1 buyout, Pasoti, fans, Greenishugh, Kagami, Japan, Irish Consortium, winding up petition again, unpaid heating bill, Peter Reid, Carl Fletcher, Romain Larrieu, waifs, strays, loanees, youth, HMRC, winding up petition yet again, secret High Court date, administration, fans, Brendan Guilfoyle, David Hinchliffe, CVA, Ed Moore, Chris Errington, Preferred Bidder, 10 points deducted, relegation, Greens On Screen, fans, Sue Pollard, donations, buckets, Green Taverners, Nikk, Fan Fests, AFT, Jim Benton Evans, Lee Jameson, Peter Ryan, Brighton, Fans Reunited, Lombard, speeches, Chris Webb, auctions, Ian Newell, Contingency Group, Peter Jones, Graham Clark, John Petrie , Matt Slater, fans, vigil, candles, pizzas, pasties, premature-champagne, PCC, Vivien Pengelly, Jamie Yabsley, Civic Centre, Holiday Inn, Kevin Heaney, Guildhall, Pavilions, Paul Buttivant, Bishop International, Ridsdale to New York, PAFC125, no kit, Shrewsbury – Fletch top corner get in, GASB, PASB, Firoz Kassam, James Brent, Akkeron, 500 signatures in record time, Green Pilgrim, Greg Clarke, Football League, leap of faith, golden share, fans, staff, players, saved!
I'm sure someone could work their magic and change the lyrics to this in "We didn't start the fire" by Billy Joel!