• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Buying tickets online for others

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
In the past, when ticket allocations are limited such as for the Exeter away game, it used to be possible to buy tickets for other season ticket holders by selecting the number of tickets needed and then reassigning them to the relevant people in your network. This meant that you could get a run of seats together. So, I could buy neighbouring seats for myself and my daughter.

I don't think that it is possible to do this anymore. I think that when you go to the online ticketing you can only access the maximum allocation of tickets (one in the case of Exeter) and so the only approach is to separately buy seats from each season ticket holder's account, which would almost certainly not get neighbouring ones.

Am I right about this (I've not bought away tickets yet this season) and, if so, is there a way around this for online purchasing. It seems like an obvious thing that a lot of people in family groups would want to be able to do.

Ta.

Mar 14, 2009
I think it’s still possible.

I checked last night and did a test run on other away games available and was able to assign a ticket to me, and then my dad.

Does anyone know what time they normally go on sale?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Metal_Green_Mickey":2lwqeu3j said:

I checked last night and did a test run on other away games available and was able to assign a ticket to me, and then my dad.

But I THINK that’s only because the allocation is >1 per member. Not sure though.

Mar 14, 2009
The Doctor":2hkfkju3 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2hkfkju3 said:

But I THINK that’s only because the allocation is >1 per member. Not sure though.

You put both tickets in your basket. Then go to reassign and change each ticket to a member in your network. That way surely then it’s one per customer.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Metal_Green_Mickey":2mq8zb3c said:
The Doctor":2mq8zb3c said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2mq8zb3c said:

You put both tickets in your basket. Then go to reassign and change each ticket to a member in your network. That way surely then it’s one per customer.
I've had trouble with this before this season for home games. I phoned the ticket office and they couldn't help - something about data protection stuff (I can't quite remember now - they made a suggestion but it didn't work) ....so I've been logging in separately for myself and then as my lad which is a pain and obviously a small risk that the seat gets taken while you're logging back in. Very odd - it was fine last year.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I think that this year they have changed things so that it is only possible to select a single ticket if the allocation is one per member. This means it is not possible to select two and reassign one to someone else. Each individual has to go in and select the one ticket that is their allocation but then you end up with whatever odd seats you are given.

I tried testing things out using the Port Vale and Crawley games and the old method worked fine but I don’t think the allocation is (or still is) one per member for those games so the issue doesn’t arise.

Feb 13, 2015
For Newport and Northampton because the ticket website was playing up, I rang the ticket office and bought 3 seats for each game by giving three season tkt numbers.
For Port Vale ( on first day of selling when one each) I bought 3 tickets and reassigned two to my network without any problem at all. One of the two I only added to my network this season , so I don't think the system has changed this year. At least not for me

May 16, 2016
If you reassign a Ticket, does that not 'give away' your allocation in the case of one each ?

On another note, I've tried and failed to buy a Ticket online for someone that I buy a ST for each Year, despite being able to reassign to them and vice versa, I have been advised that it was only possible via some convoluted route of creating a separate email address.

"We would need this supplied to us for us to add to his account. You would then have to take him out of your network,re add him and then an email gets sent to the email address which has to be accepted for you to have the priviledges to manage his tickets."

Probably not as painful as I first thought but not exactly straightforward. Argyle do a have a knack of trying to simplify things but only if it's inconvenient !

On a brighter note, I have used the e-ticket facility recently and downloaded to my Google Wallet with no problems.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
It just worked online for me with all of my ' network' allocated. Very happy with that. :scarf:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Penlee":16h6alq9 said:
It just worked online for me with all of my ' network' allocated. Very happy with that. :scarf:

Yes - my concern was a false alarm and everything went smoothly (I now think it only applies when you are trying to get your own seat for a home game that is not included in the season ticket).

It took me a while to figure out that I had to switch the ticket type to 'Internet Tickets' before it would show any tickets as being available.

Mar 14, 2009
The Doctor":1pci7ngk said:
Penlee":1pci7ngk said:

Yes - my concern was a false alarm and everything went smoothly (I now think it only applies when you are trying to get your own seat for a home game that is not included in the season ticket).

It took me a while to figure out that I had to switch the ticket type to 'Internet Tickets' before it would show any tickets as being available.

I need to reassign the right season ticket number to my account. I have an old one. It’s longer than the new ones. However it’s almost the same number. I guess l will have to contact the club to get this changed? So l don’t have permissions on my account.

Weirdly, my Dad, who brought his at the same time every year l do mine, does. And my newer season ticket number is in his network. So we could get the tickets.

Anyone know an email of the best person to contact regarding account issues??

May 16, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":365mwwg5 said:
The Doctor":365mwwg5 said:
Penlee":365mwwg5 said:

I need to reassign the right season ticket number to my account. I have an old one. It’s longer than the new ones. However it’s almost the same number. I guess l will have to contact the club to get this changed? So l don’t have permissions on my account.

Weirdly, my Dad, who brought his at the same time every year l do mine, does. And my newer season ticket number is in his network. So we could get the tickets.

support@pafchelpdesk.com

I've had replies from this address, but not sure if it's only after you first contacting them on the help email address. It's on the Ticketing Site somewhere I think.

Mar 14, 2009
Guiri Green":v4tbs72o said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":v4tbs72o said:
The Doctor":v4tbs72o said:
Penlee":v4tbs72o said:

support@pafchelpdesk.com

I've had replies from this address, but not sure if it's only after you first contacting them on the help email address. It's on the Ticketing Site somewhere I think.

Many thanks :thumbup: