Daily Catch Up - Saturday 18 May | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Saturday 18 May

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news.

Chairman Simon Hallett attended a meeting of the Plymouth Argyle Supporters Association London Branch on Friday evening and answered a series of questions, Twitter update courtesy of Michael Savage.

Home Park will host an 'Evening of Queen' in September featuring songs from the band Queen .... club website

Former Argyle midfielder Warren Joyce is the latest name on the betting list for the Argyle job, he was manager of Manchester United reserve team and Wigan and has just left his role as manager at Melbourne City .....

Another Argyle manager-related tweet from journalist Alan Nixon....

Torquay United have confirmed a pre-season game at Plainmoor for Tuesday 16 July, kick-off 7.30pm.

Pre-season schedule:
The players report back for training on 26 June.
Tuesday 9 v Truro City 7.30pm
Saturday 13 v Plymouth Parkway 3pm
Tuesday 16 v Torquay 7.30pm
Wednesday 17 v Buckland Athletic (reserve game)
Tuesday 30 v Tavistock 7.30pm
Training camp in Holland 21 July to 26 July with a game on Tuesday 23 July.
Home games against Premier League, Championship or foreign opposition Friday or Saturday 19/20 July and Saturday 27 July.

May 8, 2011
I met and had a long chat with Derek Adams on Friday afternoon in sunny Glasgow. He was surprising candid about the last year at Argyle.

Apr 30, 2011
HC Green":2ccvm8j6 said:
I met and had a long chat with Derek Adams on Friday afternoon in sunny Glasgow. He was surprising candid about the last year at Argyle.

Is that it?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Looks like he lost the dressing room and Hallett and co didn't realise until it was too late
Sounds like Adams and Wotton may have been considered bullies by the players but to the board he seemed and inteigent and friendly man
Also looks like Adams got himself the sack by his behaviour in not acknowledging the press after Accrington rather than the performance itself effectively bringing the club into disrepute

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Penmaster":2pzd8txi said:
HC Green":2pzd8txi said:

Is that it?

It`s called name dropping. :whistle:

May 16, 2016
HC Green":2aftour4 said:

Top Scoop that.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
HC Green":3px81rtl said:

That's nice!
Did he mention the weather in Scotland?
What was he wearing?
Did he talk about his holiday intentions?

Shame you haven't reported all those issues we're dying to hear about.....

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
I don't get how the location is an issue?

Surely, as a football manager applying for work, you actually look to see where the team is based before applying for the vacant position?

Players admittedly are different as more often than not, it's the club approaching them so I understand that in that scenario location can be an issue.

Seems daft to me. I wouldn't apply for a job where in the job description one of the proviso's were that you must live locally (or be willing to), then complain about it in the interview because the office was outside my area of commute.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
HC Green":29sy1bxy said:
Did he finally take responsibility for the last year haha?

llcoolgee

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 10, 2011
Melbourne
Warren Joyce!??! Hell no! The football his Melbourne Heart (nee City) have served up, with resources he had at his disposal, was beyond turgid. He alienated their, admittedly, pi55-poor support and host of their better players.
Wouldn't touch with a barge-pole.