We Are Staying UP | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We Are Staying UP

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I find it embarrassing that staying up is going to be seen as being some sort of big achievement.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Let's hope so Paul, let's hope so.

AdeptMixedDrafthorse-size_restricted.gif

May 16, 2016
Cobi Budge":3gsz9w0m said:
I find it embarrassing that staying up is going to be seen as being some sort of big achievement.

Looking at the league table and reading how poor we are, I'd say it would be !

Oct 14, 2015
Cobi Budge":1k9fb5ja said:

In normal circumstances I'd agree but considering our position on Boxing Day it would be some achievement. However we shouldn't have found ourselves in that position in the first place.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
For a large part of this season I couldn't fathom 4 teams actually finishing below us we were that poor. For example, thinking back to the Luton away game and seeing how poor our defence was left me with little hope.

I'm not quite sure how Derek has managed to put us in a positon where relegation is in our own hands. The majority of managers would not have been able to produce what he has with this squad.

Once the dust has settled this year, we need to start looking towards the board, they are the ones who assemble this team, will they give Derek a better chance next year? If he actually had a budget to work with he would walk this league.

Zoo

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
We are so Lucky to Have Derek

It makes the first 4 months and last two months of every season such a delight

Cant wait for the annual super squad exodus and incoming injury prone players which don't play in league 2 next season

Jun 12, 2006
Had a quick glance through the final four games for each team.

Just pretty much looked at teams within 3 point of us - I think we are looking at 9 teams competing to avoid the last relegation place.

This is how the teams are looking now:

13 Shrewsbury 42 12 14 16 47 53 -6 50
14 Bristol R 42 12 13 17 44 47 -3 49
15 Gillingham 42 13 9 20 54 68 -14 48
16 Accrington 42 12 12 18 43 61 -18 48
17 Wycombe 42 12 11 19 52 64 -12 47
18 Plymouth 42 12 11 19 51 67 -16 47
19 Scunthorpe 42 12 9 21 49 73 -24 45
20 Rochdale 42 12 9 21 51 83 -32 45
21 Wimbledon 42 12 8 22 37 59 -22 44

Going through the teams the games are as follows:

Wimbledon - Rovers, Luton Wycombe Bradford - Predicted 5 points
Rochdale - Wycombe, Rovers, Southend, Charlton - Predicted 5 points
Scunthrorpe - Blackpool, Charlton, Bradford, Plymouth - Predicted 5 points
Wycombe - Rochdale, Walsall, Wimblendon, Fleetwood - Predicted 7 points
Accrington - Luton, Doncaster, Plymouth, Portsmouth - Predicted 1 point
Gillingham - Plymouth, Bradford, Charlton, Blackpool - Predicted 4 points
Bristol Rovers - Wimbledon, Rochdale, Fleetwood, Barnsley - Predicted 3 points
Shrews - Barnsley, Oxford, Coventry, Walsall - Predicted 4 points
Plymouth - Gillingham, Barnsley, Accrington, Scunthrope - Predicted 3 points

This leaves the table looking like this:

Shrewsbury 54 points -6
Wycombe 54 points -12
Rovers 52 points -3
Gillingham 52 points -14
Plymouth 50 points -16
Scunthorpe 50 points -24
Rochdale 50 points -32
Accrington 49 points -18
Wimbledon 49 points -22

So finished in a healthy place but avoided relegation by one point. By this merit two draws would also see us safe as we have a superior goal difference to teams below us. A key game is Accrington as this could be a relegation six pointer if by then both of us have lost very tricky games. If we lose that then we would need to beat Scunthorpe on the last game of the season.

There are so many second chances for us here you would have to feel pretty gloomy to see us relegated even if we lost the next two games.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Agree, we're safe. We're not going to lose all our remaining games so we may as well start preparing for next season in L1.

I don't why people think Carey and Ruben will leave when at the same time have been part of team that have been poo and had a disaster season, so they will stay.

GK wise I think Letheren should get the no.1

I'd like to see us keep Jones, and let's give SB and Moore a chance.

Midfield, if we want to be pushing to the next level then Sarcevic should probably be replaced, wouldn't mind Paul Anderson getting a go, or maybe Jephcott if he's good enough.

Then up front, probably need another striker really as 2 isn't really enough plus Taylor is injury-prone.

At least it will be a huge relief when Matt Macey is gone if nothing else.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We have to go into each game positively now, cut out individual errors and I think we can stay up. Then we can forget this season and learn from our mistakes and improve for next season.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
r4h4al":2deimxmm said:
Agree, we're safe. We're not going to lose all our remaining games so we may as well start preparing for next season in L1.

I don't why people think Carey and Ruben will leave when at the same time have been part of team that have been poo and had a disaster season, so they will stay.

GK wise I think Letheren should get the no.1

I'd like to see us keep Jones, and let's give SB and Moore a chance.

Midfield, if we want to be pushing to the next level then Sarcevic should probably be replaced, wouldn't mind Paul Anderson getting a go, or maybe Jephcott if he's good enough.

Then up front, probably need another striker really as 2 isn't really enough plus Taylor is injury-prone.

At least it will be a huge relief when Matt Macey is gone if nothing else.

On current form I could easily see us lose the next 3 and go into the Scunthorpe game needing to win to stay up, and conceding an injury time equaliser to go down.

I have no faith in this team to win a one-off battle, so we need to avoid that scenario by actually attacking from the first whistle at Gillingham on Friday. What a novelty that would be away from home under Adams.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
I suspect a couple of draws will be enough to keep us up, so I think we're more likely than not to be playing League 1 football next year.

However, it's been a terrible season - we surely have to expect and demand better next year.

Adams needs to be more positive with his game plans,and to stop signing all these players who he then doesn't want, players who are injured all the time, or players that are painfully average and only serve to inhibit the progress of our own young players.

The next 6/7 months of Adams' career are huge ones - let's hope he gets them right.