Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: On GoS: HP36 - We're on the Up, Again
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:39 am 

I think the more we see, the bigger it looks :lol:

It's an incredibly unflattering angle that most of the pics are taken from (through no fault of the photographers, obviously!), which squashes the space and also has the retaining wall covering some of the floor. There are quite a few pics on the latest update that give a better impression.

Picture number 52 looks pretty spacious http://greensonscreen.co.uk/photos.asp? ... 19-01-13H1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:34 am 

By the way Biggs, and anyone else, you can get a direct link to a GoS photo by using the "Viewing tips and image link" button at the bottom-right of the image. That gives a link for that individual photo, which you can copy and paste. For instance, the one you're talking about is here http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos.asp?viewer=viewer2&parm=2019-01-13H1&autoload=pic52

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 pm 
Site Admin, Player Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #2 18/19

GreensOnScreen wrote:
By the way Biggs, and anyone else, you can get a direct link to a GoS photo by using the "Viewing tips and image link" button at the bottom-right of the image. That gives a link for that individual photo, which you can copy and paste. For instance, the one you're talking about is here http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos.asp?viewer=viewer2&parm=2019-01-13H1&autoload=pic52

If you compare that photo, along with http://greensonscreen.co.uk/photos.asp?viewer=viewer2&parm=2018-12-16H1&autoload=pic43, and then look at Webcam 3, the distance between the two shower areas looks huge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:28 pm 

Yep, and that shower section is literally the floor/drainage area of the showers as well (I think)... not the whole shower room itself. The actual room goes up to the outer wall and also contains an ice bath.

That bit of the building also contains four urinals and two toilet cubicles, as well as the dressing room itself, so the space is definitely deceptive large.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:21 pm 
Site Admin, Player Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #2 18/19

I think you'll find it is two urinals and two washbasins. That's what the regs call for.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:30 pm 

Argylegames wrote:
I think you'll find it is two urinals and two washbasins. That's what the regs call for.

My knowledge of men aged 18-34 (I am one) tells me that still adds up to four urinals :sick: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:08 pm 

First coat of paint going on the facade
Dave Rowntree was in attendance this morning

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:33 pm 

Biggs wrote:
Argylegames wrote:

My knowledge of men aged 18-34 (I am one) tells me that still adds up to four urinals :sick: :lol:

Don't forget the 6 showers. Basically 10 places to pee.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:01 pm 

Biggs wrote:
Centre Circle wrote:
Thanks as always!

I get a real tinge of emotion seeing the tunnel for the last time. I remember Craig Tanner saying it felt special and having once gone through it myself, I have to agree. I hope it isn’t filled so that one day it can be uncovered. A very real and very special piece of Argyle history.

Definitely. BUT spare a thought for clubs who have to see the whole thing demolished and then move to a retail park.

We're staying in our spiritual and historical home, and retaining the two best features of it with the 1936 facade and the 1951 Leitchian grandstand. That always cheers me up when I too feel that tinge of emotion :thumbup:

I couldn’t agree with you more! That facade in particular is very special. Can’t wait to see it finished.

I would be devastated if the ground was moved elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 pm 
Site Owner

There are a few things that are being buried for posterity, Jon Back is very keen to do this as much as possible. There's every chance that the Plymouth Argyle sign (I'll try to find a photo later on) will be buried into the history of the refurb.

All iconic and should be saved for future keen Argyle fans (in the year 2565). :scarf: