Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Goalkeepers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:44 pm 

With Letheren keeping the no.1 gk spot with Macey fit enough for the bench will Arsenal recall Macey?

If they do I think we should try to pull out all the stops to sign Remi Matthews. Certainly more chance this could happen if Macey doesn’t figure in DA’s 1st team anymore.

Discuss ..

Post subject: Re: Goalkeepers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:50 pm 

JannerinCardiff wrote:
With Letheren keeping the no.1 gk spot with Macey fit enough for the bench will Arsenal recall Macey?

If they do I think we should try to pull out all the stops to sign Remi Matthews. Certainly more chance this could happen if Macey doesn’t figure in DA’s 1st team anymore.

Discuss ..

No.

Macey has performed well in plenty of games under difficult circumstances.

Letheren is part of a winning side so has proved he can deputise and be a capable no.2

Much more likely we’ll try and get Matthews in the summer if available.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:53 pm 

JannerinCardiff wrote:

Discuss ..

In an ideal world, yes I would agree with you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 am 

Justin wrote:
JannerinCardiff wrote:

Discuss ..

No.

Macey has performed well in plenty of games under difficult circumstances.

Letheren is part of a winning side so has proved he can deputise and be a capable no.2

Much more likely we’ll try and get Matthews in the summer if available.

My thoughts were tho. that Arsenal might recall Macey if he’s not starting. If that were the case we’ll need a goalkeeper and right now Remi Matthews is available to buy for a ‘nominal fee’ (which Bolton agreed with Norwich. My fear is that If we leave it too late Remi might join someone else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:52 am 
GT Sponsor, Player Sponsor #1 18/19, Player Sponsor #2 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19 and PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19

Is Derek after a keeper?

Visit our charity at: http://www.highschoolforkibera.org

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:10 pm 

Keepitgreen wrote:
Is Derek after a keeper?

Might depend on what Arsenal think about Macey not playing in our 1st team..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19, Player Sponsor #2 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19 and PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19

Keepitgreen wrote:
Is Derek after a keeper?

Not me Bob.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 pm 

Matthews is on £6,000 a week, and Argyle is not a club that spends that on goalkeepers.

In the short term I'm sure Norwich will try to find a destination for him which can subsidise the largest part of his wages. Hopefully that ends up being Argyle at the end of January.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:09 pm 
Auction Winner

Agreed. We need to do all we can to get Remi on loan.

Also Cooper needs to be playing, so maybe loan him out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:19 pm 
GT Sponsor, Player Sponsor #1 18/19, Player Sponsor #2 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19 and PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19

justanotherfan wrote:
Keepitgreen wrote:
Is Derek after a keeper?

Not me Bob.

:)

Visit our charity at: http://www.highschoolforkibera.org

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:14 pm 

Yesterday demonstrates that Letheren is not the answer and we need a proper keeper.
I might of got the score wrong but I did predict him making a howler.
If that had been Macey the lynch mob on here would have been out

Last edited by samjones on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm 

samjones wrote:
Yesterday demonstrates that Letheren is not the answer and we need a proper keeper.
I might of got the score wrong by I did predict him making a howler.

Completely.

Personally I’d have Macey back as soon as he’s fully fit.
He’s by far our best option and he’s earned the right to play behind an experienced, settled defence. He’s had to put up with change after change after change.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:42 pm 

Justin wrote:
samjones wrote:
I might of got the score wrong by I did predict him making a howler.

Completely.

Personally I’d have Macey back as soon as he’s fully fit.
He’s by far our best option and he’s earned the right to play behind an experienced, settled defence. He’s had to put up with change after change after change.

Justin, you clearly have a (very) soft spot for Macey but there is just no way that he will be reintroduced while Letheren is having this effect. The defence is settled in part because they have a confident and experienced keeper behind them, and it would be madness to change it back.

Sam is a troll and his dismissal of Letheren based on that goal is yet another wind-up tactic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next