Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sing when we're losing ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 pm 

Serious question, but why when we win, does this place go quiet on a Saturday night ? I get that some people only come to life when we're losing, the matchday thread and synopsis are always shorter when we get the 3 points.

Could any of the more 'vociferous' regulars on a losing day, explain why winning seems to de-motivate you ? Is it a British / Plymouth thing to only be happy when you're moaning ?

Post subject: Re: Sing when we're losing ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm 

All forums of all teams are the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:23 pm 

Shankster wrote:
All forums of all teams are the same.

I'd have to take your word for that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 pm 

It’s very true. Football fans are perennial moaners, it’s been that way for as long as the game has been around I would suggest. The differences, the good and bad times make it what it is

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 pm 

Maybe, but some only come alive when things go wrong. Must be a need to feel outraged, dissapointed or punished in some way. It's like the people rushing to join a protest march when they have no idea of what the protest is about.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 pm 

Guiri Green wrote:
Serious question, but why when we win, does this place go quiet on a Saturday night ? I get that some people only come to life when we're losing, the matchday thread and synopsis are always shorter when we get the 3 points.

Could any of the more 'vociferous' regulars on a losing day, explain why winning seems to de-motivate you ? Is it a British / Plymouth thing to only be happy when you're moaning ?

I am on here loud and clear when we lose Badly and want DA away from our club but I still post when we win and this place is a good place to be when we do win.

Lots of people have got truly frustrated with DA, his tactics, his summer preparation, non impact injuries and his carp signings and I think that's fair criticism. How many time during the superb run last season did Reuben and GC10 run teams ragged with Sarcs and Fox playing in midfield.

In December over Xmas he reforms that partnership after being pig headed for half the season!

Our defensive signings have been comical. Our keeper has been more timid than a door mouse yet it took til Xmas to change the keeper and start finding his best back 4 in some ways by luck (ASB at RB).

As I have said numerous times I will be over the moon if he sticks his Vs up to me in the Demport end at the end of the season because we have stayed up and as a Green through and through I love this upturn at the moment but boy I will vent if I see another game like Posh, Don's, Accy, Blackpool, Pompey do I need to go on. :-)

Happy Green tonight and enjoying the glow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:37 pm 

‘Good morning, the weather’s sh*te isn’t it?’
‘Didn’t sleep a wink last night’

Britain is the only country I’ve ever been to where we always have a moan, it’s an ingrained, cultural trait!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:45 pm 
Site Owner

The stats don't lie, when we win the numbers dip.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:45 pm 

rsp4 wrote:
Guiri Green wrote:

I am on here loud and clear when we lose Badly and want DA away from our club but I still post when we win and this place is a good place to be when we do win.

Lots of people have got truly frustrated with DA, his tactics, his summer preparation, non impact injuries and his carp signings and I think that's fair criticism. How many time during the superb run last season did Reuben and GC10 run teams ragged with Sarcs and Fox playing in midfield.

In December over Xmas he reforms that partnership after being pig headed for half the season!

Our defensive signings have been comical. Our keeper has been more timid than a door mouse yet it took til Xmas to change the keeper and start finding his best back 4 in some ways by luck (ASB at RB).

As I have said numerous times I will be over the moon if he sticks his Vs up to me in the Demport end at the end of the season because we have stayed up and as a Green through and through I love this upturn at the moment but boy I will vent if I see another game like Posh, Don's, Accy, Blackpool, Pompey do I need to go on. :-)

Happy Green tonight and enjoying the glow

Fair points, and good for you for praising and criticising where due. I was more interested to understand why some only see the negative in everything and are absent when it goes well, but claim to only want the best for Argyle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:53 pm 

IJN wrote:
The stats don't lie, when we win the numbers dip.

It's almost as if success is a sin in Plymouth. Guilty of feeling chuffed M'Lud.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:57 pm 

Good question. Easy answer.

:stout:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 pm 

rose wrote:
Good question. Easy answer.

:stout:

This.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 pm 
Auction Winner

rsp4 wrote:

It's funny though after a few good results people me included aren't bothered by these things anymore. It really is a results business.
Are you happy for Adams to stay though after this result?

Last edited by r4h4al on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.