Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Someone new at the club?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:23 am 

Biggs wrote:
And... I know this is shocking... but there are men AND women who would love to have their wedding and a variety of other significant events at Home Park.

Funnily enough, a rotting hunk of concrete wasn’t the most appealing setting for those people, but a high quality banqueting facility will be.

There just isn’t a downside for making the grandstand and Home Park in general as nice as it can possibly be, it’s completely baffling to read people say otherwise.

Absolutely, even if that comes with a relegation. It would be a step back to take two forward.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am 

ChepstowGreen wrote:
Biggs wrote:
And... I know this is shocking... but there are men AND women who would love to have their wedding and a variety of other significant events at Home Park.

Funnily enough, a rotting hunk of concrete wasn’t the most appealing setting for those people, but a high quality banqueting facility will be.

There just isn’t a downside for making the grandstand and Home Park in general as nice as it can possibly be, it’s completely baffling to read people say otherwise.

Absolutely, even if that comes with a relegation. It would be a step back to take two forward.

Yep, league positions are temporary decorations compared to the solid foundations the grandstand provides in a myriad of different ways.

(relegation would still be a catastrophe, though I don't think it will happen)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 am 
Player Sponsor #2 18/19

Finally.
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ol-2425595

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:34 am 

Confirmation of this (by Chris Errington and with quote from Michael Dunford for those who don't want to believe the Herald ;) )

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ol-2425595

I think we can expect something pretty great, if the guy in charge had the equivalent job at Liverpool and the Shard.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 am 

He appears to have a pretty impressive CV. i can only think that he has made the decision to move to the SW to 'live the dream' in the country. I wish him every success both with his executive position and in his personal life.

Post subject: Re: Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Wow, looks like an impressive appointment indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:33 pm 

It could be that he's been working for the club for a few weeks, but an announcement was bad PR given our position and lack of on-pitch additions.

Now after two wins and Oscar signing, it's a nice time to shout about it a bit more (though nothing on the official site yet).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:47 pm 

Already been posted, but I like how he emphasises here the difference between 'fan' and 'customer', disagrees with football as a 'brand', and mentions the importance of tradition and on-pitch success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFyJjM_diIA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm 

Cautiously optimistic on this. It sort of sounds temporary, which is perhaps how we got him, he seems to have a good pedigree and level of exploiting these opportunities. And getting that set up before and as the doors open it exactly the way to it.

(Cautious because Sir Roy Gardener looked like a good appointment with pedigree, so it sometimes does not always translate).

I wish him all the very best and hope he does a great job with us!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm 

I guess it only needs to be temporary, if it's leading on getting the grandstand fitted out and hospitality/banqueting offer as good as it can be.

And Roy Gardner's football experience was quite vague (including selling Man United to the Glazers...), whereas this guy has clear and specific career achievements. And presumably hasn't got the power to build up £17m of debt or apply for a World Cup hosting spot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:04 pm 
Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Heard more today. Good news for Argyle.

Last edited by nikkk on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:56 pm 

Also as a quick point, Andrew Parkinson will be in charge of the actual fitting out of the stand, the hospitality offering, food, decoration etc etc etc. Jon Back remains in charge of the construction project. The two are different things, with Parkinson's job title of 'head of conferencing, hospitality and events' being a bit of a clue.

It shows the level of intelligence and information on certain other sites (WHY do I feel the morbid curiosity to even look??) that they think Jon has been replaced.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:21 pm 
Site Owner

Because they’re idiots Biggsy! Complete and utter obsessive idiots.

I chatted to AP this week during a meeting and I was uber impressed with what he had to say. He will be a wonderful asset to PAFC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next