Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed)

Oct 5, 2013
Hope he is involved with PAFC in some way, because he’s talking about “values”, rather than a “brand”, as what is paramount for a football club.
What are PAFC’s values at the moment?
For me, a supporter for over 50 years now, the values we always seemed to have are no longer obvious.
I can elaborate, if anyone is interested to pursue this discussion.

Aug 5, 2005
Leigh Rapson":257c4tj3 said:
https://youtu.be/iFyJjM_diIA

Fairly sure I saw this guy on Saturday wearing an argyle club tie, new board member possibly?

The guy in the video is Andrew Parkinson. He was Operations Director at Liverpool FC from 2011 to January 2018 and is currently Interim General Manager of The View from The Shard (which is the "experience" of going to the top of The Shard in London)

Source is his Linkedin page

Oct 31, 2015
philevs":3gugvbby said:
Hope he is involved with PAFC in some way, because he’s talking about “values”, rather than a “brand”, as what is paramount for a football club.
For me, a supporter for over 50 years now, the values we always seemed to have are no longer obvious.

Yes please Phil elaborate your thoughts mate Im interested.

Oct 5, 2013
rsp4":21d4tz6x said:
philevs":21d4tz6x said:

Yes please Phil elaborate your thoughts mate Im interested.

Well Argyle for me has always represented a relatively minor club in a remote area, which nonetheless somehow manages to compete with the “big boys”.
2nd tier has always been the best we can really aspire to.
We’ve always tried to play positive, attacking, entertaining football to excite the crowd and perform above our station, really.
There’s always been a need to bring on local talent and give them a real opportunity, and the crowd absolutely love this, being so remotely located local players mean a lot more.
The crowd has always been able to really relate to its favourites, and they to the crowd, and a buzz of excitement has always gone through the ground when they are on the ball.
Likewise managers have always appreciated the crowd, and there has been mutual respect for each other.

I suppose many of these things are not strictly values, but for me they do represent what the club is about.
And it’s just that a lot of these elements seem to be absent nowadays.

R

rdr123

The Doctor":23eqrxdc said:
I’d say that the club values now include:
- community
- inclusivity
- sustainability
- realism

What about playing like a bunch of clowns and losing every game?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
The Doctor":20uk5m7l said:
I’d say that the club values now include:
- community
- inclusivity
- sustainability
- realism

Realism is a very negative value to have in football, but sadly think you're correct.

Ambition is the key one missing. And you CAN have ambition alongside sustainability.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
According to the club website he's Head of Conferencing, Hospitality & Events, although I missed any official announcement.
It's quite a coup for the club.

Link

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":3vevqyiu said:
According to the club website he's Head of Conferencing, Hospitality & Events, although I missed any official announcement.

Link

Interesting, and interesting that he has snuck in under the radar.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The Doctor":33hj5564 said:
PL2 3DQ":33hj5564 said:

Link

Interesting, and interesting that he has snuck in under the radar.

Wondered when this happened as Greg Strong still showing on that link. Although that may just be down to administration inefficiency.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Only reason we know about him is Leigh Rapson thought he saw him, Posty does a little research and confirms he is indeed with Argyle, as Head of Conferencing, Hospitality & Events, what is Argyle building besides the Grandstand, (Conference facilities, hospitality facilties).
He was Operations Director at Liverpool FC for nearly 7 years so he knows his football, Interim General Manager of The View from The Shard so he knows all about hospitality services. I think Argyle have got themselves a winner here. Maybe he could do more. :coat:

:scarf: :scarf:

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Just watched the short YouTube clip. Obviously Pool are a different fish to Argyle, but I like what he articulates in relation to what is important in football, especially so with MD's viewpoint seeming dated and insular. This very much feels like a real result to get Andrew on board, and definitely a more positive step in the right direction.