Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Paying off his contract
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:50 pm 

It’s not about about budget.

It’s about having a cohesive core squad of players. Disciplined and pivotal to the cause. A spine of the team that know what’s involved each season and understand the club and it’s style. A real direction and drive individually and collectively.

Obviously we don’t have that because we scrap everything each season and try and start over which negate any team cohesion, any squad harmony and any real sense of belonging.

The current crop bar 1 or 2 are here solely for the pay cheque and everything else is secondary.

In Adams we hold responsible I’m afraid.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:51 pm 

Centre Circle wrote:
It isn’t and never was a case of stand vs. squad.

The money injected for the redevelopment is tantamount to a gift, given the repayment plan. I didn’t see a queue of others willing to do the same. The work is badly needed and will be a benefit in the future.

A terrible start doesn’t change that. Bashing the board for not binning Adams is a perfectly fair opinion in these circumstances. Bashing them for improving the facilities really isn’t.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 pm 
Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

JannerinCardiff wrote:
Willis88 wrote:
The funds were never available to the team. They were put into the club for the sole purpose of the grandstand.

Not true. Adams has stated himself that he now has a top ten budget for this season so if his signings are poor he’s only got himself to blame.

I have not come across that claim before. :shock: When did he say that?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 pm 
Auction Winner

relegation I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 am 

It’s interesting that the defence for Degsy is that ‘last season was fantastic, particularly from the run’

With all due respect, b*******, the end of the season was shocking. The form at present is a continuation from last season

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:49 am 

I'm not sure why people seem to have forgotten the end to last season, in our last seven games, we only won twice (both wins thanks to dodgy late penalties), scoring 7 goals and conceding 12.

There's no sudden difference in form between last season and this season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:53 am 

The club’s player policy enables them to get rid of managers with little or no risk.

The incumbent has commited players to short term contracts with no outlay in transfer fees, that allows the incoming manager to start fairly fresh and not be too concerned

Degsy May have a long contract but he won’t be entitled to, nor will he receive, the full amount

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:43 pm 

andyr1963 wrote:
JannerinCardiff wrote:
Willis88 wrote:
The funds were never available to the team. They were put into the club for the sole purpose of the grandstand.

Not true. Adams has stated himself that he now has a top ten budget for this season so if his signings are poor he’s only got himself to blame.

I have not come across that claim before. :shock: When did he say that?

It was in the Herald probably I think just before the season started and I think I remember to do with an article about signings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:49 pm 

Shankster wrote:
The club’s player policy enables them to get rid of managers with little or no risk.

The incumbent has commited players to short term contracts with no outlay in transfer fees, that allows the incoming manager to start fairly fresh and not be too concerned

Degsy May have a long contract but he won’t be entitled to, nor will he receive, the full amount

Yes he will as will Wotton and Nancekivell on their new 2 year contracts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:05 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

i think two of dereks poorest quality signings are wootton and nancekiville.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:08 pm 

HC Green wrote:
Shankster wrote:

Yes he will as will Wotton and Nancekivell on their new 2 year contracts.

No biggie