Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Are all footballers dull in the head?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:27 pm 

How on earyh do pro footballers end up so dull in their lead trade?

We were given a pen today which never was or at least dubious by the lino.

The ref will hardly change his mind once the lino says he saw contact but in his head he knows he didnt see a pen.

Thsnk you we go 1 nil up ( nice pen by Carey) now all of us where I sit in the Demport are saying dont give the ref an excuse down the other end because he will give something to southend.
On top of thst we all watched the world cup where refs are handing out pens for cuddling players at set peaces.

None of this is rocket science we see it all time and we are not pro footballers. Whst happens? We cuddle one of their players to the ground (Taylor I think) and give the rec the excuse he was looking for.

These are pro footballers who do this day in day out and get paid lots to do it. Do none have a brain!!!!!!

Saying all that didnt deserve anything today from the game but things like this get on my goat from so called professionals!!!

Post subject: Re: Are all footballers dull in the head?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm 

As are managers. Adams and Powell brought embarrassment to themselves and respective clubs today. Two experience pros getting involved in a pushing match like two schoolboys. Rather pathetic. Both will get themselves touchline bans??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:45 pm 

No doubt the usual excuse of 'passion' will be rolled out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Welwyn Pilgrim wrote:
As are managers. Adams and Powell brought embarrassment to themselves and respective clubs today. Two experience pros getting involved in a pushing match like two schoolboys. Rather pathetic. Both will get themselves touchline bans??

They said on the radio that a red counts until the end of the match and it’s about 4 that gets a ban. They didn’t sound too sure about it, though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

rsp4 wrote:

The ref will hardly change his mind once the lino says he saw contact but in his head he knows he didnt see a pen.

Thsnk you we go 1 nil up ( nice pen by Carey) now all of us where I sit in the Demport are saying dont give the ref an excuse down the other end because he will give something to southend.
On top of thst we all watched the world cup where refs are handing out pens for cuddling players at set peaces.

None of this is rocket science we see it all time and we are not pro footballers. Whst happens? We cuddle one of their players to the ground (Taylor I think) and give the rec the excuse he was looking for.

These are pro footballers who do this day in day out and get paid lots to do it. Do none have a brain!!!!!!

Saying all that didnt deserve anything today from the game but things like this get on my goat from so called professionals!!!

It was a Penalty took his leg away very clear from block 7 Lyndhurst

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 pm 
Auction Winner

rsp4 wrote:

I know there's just no need to do it, I've always thought that and in the WC it was ridiculous as well.
You can get close to an opposition player without hugging them.
Plus by hugging them you are unable to clear the ball/head the ball away which is another reason to not do it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:38 pm 

All very simplistic. So you think defenders just 'hug' for a laugh?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:02 pm 

I actually think the Southend lad was smart at their penalty. They created a clear line of sight to the guy for the red, he stopped his run dead so Taylor bumped him and went down like a sack of spuds.

When players remonstrate with officials they know they won’t change the decision; they do however hope to sow seeds of doubt for future decisions in the game. They also want to create time to increase pressure on the penalty taker and allow people to pick up their markers for potential rebounds.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:46 pm 

Balham_Green wrote:
All very simplistic. So you think defenders just 'hug' for a laugh?

Not simplistic at all Balham :banghead:

You saw in the world cup how refs were picking up on it so it makes sense that all refs will be doing the same. No need to hug at all defenders never used to

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 pm 

Until the message comes from the top (the FA) that insists referees come down hard on offenders then it will continue, the same as all the other moves that are intended to con referees, diving , rolling around feigning injury etc. If players are allowed to go unpunished, it will flourish and grow.