Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Start of Season:

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
 Post subject: Re: Bradley update 08.06.18: Says goodbye on Twitter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:32 am 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

davie nine wrote:
That was a rapid change of tune, Moles.

At 3pm we were likely to "go out of the league the wrong end".
At 4pm "this team is good enough for a push for the playoffs again".

So, Moles, regardless of the reasons he left, which of your opinions (offered on Monday) are you now running with?

Post subject: Re: Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 am 

moles40 wrote:
So did Bradley go because he was offered more money

Was he offered the same money as Luton but decided to go anyway.

Did Adams think he didn’t want to match Luton’s offer because he didn’t rate him enough to offer the same amount.

Still don’t know the answers.

I'd weigh it up (in order of importance) as:

Length of deal - almost certainly better at Luton
Salary - probably better at Luton
Manager - par, though Adams has marginally proved more so far
Ambition/Success - par, though edging towards Luton
Location - certainly not Luton.

And remember if the other reported interest was true, his agent was in a very good bargaining position.

So, job and financial security for me - which is fair enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:42 am 
Site Admin and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Bradley was made an offer that reflected Adams desire to keep him. Bradley felt he was worth more. Bradley signed for a team that is happy to pay him what Bradley feels he wants to be paid.

We have to trust Adams judgement. Bradley is a league 1 player at best. We need Championship quality players to take us to the next level.

Thanks for everything, good luck for the future.

Luton - what a sh1t hole.

Post subject: Re: Bradley update 08.06.18: Says goodbye on Twitter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:08 pm 

davie nine wrote:
davie nine wrote:
That was a rapid change of tune, Moles.

At 3pm we were likely to "go out of the league the wrong end".
At 4pm "this team is good enough for a push for the playoffs again".

So, Moles, regardless of the reasons he left, which of your opinions (offered on Monday) are you now running with?

If you read my post properly you would know.I said IF we continue to sell our best players then it’s more likely we would end up going down than going up.At the moment the team still looks like we have a chance of making playoffs. If Argyle keep on getting rid of their better players then it’s common sense they would struggle as in previous times when this has happened :thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:15 am 
Site Admin, Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

It looks like Adams didn't rate Bradley enough to give him a contract he wanted ....

Luton Today

Quote:
"The Plymouth game now will have a bit of bite to it, which I like. “Whether they clap me or boo me, it won’t make any difference to me. “I’ve got nothing but respect for the football club, nothing but respect for the manager there. “No matter what’s been said, nothing will change my opinion of the club, as I had a brilliant two years there. Throughout the whole of May, I had conversations with the manager and we couldn’t get a deal sorted. “That’s not a problem at all, it’s just part of football, it happens, happens every season.”

“It was after the fact that I wasn’t going to sign with Plymouth again, that’s when I decided to move on. “It wasn’t a case of there were two contracts in front of me, do I pick this one? Or do I pick that one? “That wasn’t the case, the case was, I sat down with Derek Adams, had a conversation with him and we weren’t going to agree a deal."

Post subject: Sonny Bradley
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:10 am 

Speaking to the local Luton newspaper,a better deal would have enticed me to stay at Argyle.Proven fact that he was chasing the money,no bad feeling but we’re better off without him. We must have a happy club as only two have decided to jump ship ,the re-signing of David Fox seems to substantiate that.P.S.good to see D.A.stuck to his guns when negotiating with Bradley,no player is irreplaceable.

Post subject: Re: Sonny Bradley
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 am 

It also indicates his first choice would have been us given the right deal. Never mind, we move on.

Post subject: Re: Sonny Bradley
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:35 am 
Pasoti PunMaster and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Army green wrote:
It also indicates his first choice would have been us given the right deal. Never mind, we move on.

Yes but how much does 'loyalty' cost?

Extra £100 a week = 'I've always loved it here. I bleeds Green.'

Extra £50 a week = 'I feel that I need a new challenge. I'm grateful to Argyle for the opportunity but I feel I can develop as a player at a new club'.

This is NOT an attack on Sonny, I thought he was great for us and I wish him well.

I just got to thinking, you're made a good offer but when does leaving tilt to staying or vice versa? You have to have a cut off price surely? :think:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30