Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT

L

Laughter My Ploy

TimHarris":1w2xchga said:
Unless The Football League Board is satisfied that the exit arrangements provide the Club with a firmer footing going forwards it is unlikely that it will be in a position to approve any exit from administration as a continuing member of the Football League.

And therein lies the rub for me. The PB's proposal has them underwriting Argyle's trading loss of the upcoming season to the tune of £2m - or so we are led to believe. Unless this money is provided upfront then there is no credibility in Ridsdale's business plan because the PB has been shown to be unreliable in meeting agreed financial commitments.

The transfer of the league share to Ridsdale's company at this time just does not meet the criteria quoted above.

I realise it splitting hairs but I love the word firmer rather than firm....firmer could mean we will give you the OK if you only lose £2million next year and pay everybody in full and on time slightly more often

Jan 27, 2006
Laughter My Ploy":2s94pcv2 said:
firmer could mean we will give you the OK if you only lose £2million next year and pay everybody in full and on time slightly more often

But that would result in a different business plan to the one which Ridsdale is proposing meaning the share cannot be transferred.

D

David Whitehouse

A decent slug of petrol in the tank = golden share. But it would need an administrator with a modicum
of common sense to get the petrol into the tank.

S

seadog

"At this time The Football League has met with the current proposed purchasers of the Club but has not approved any application for membership of The League going forwards"

This may seem a daft question but can the team play at Shrews if it is not a member of the league? Regardless of the league share issue. :crazy:

Aug 10, 2006
lee_wsm":dionmojp said:
same email i got last week they are not going to let us fans know anything
and why should they the football league and fa dont give a s..t about the people who pay there wages never have done and never will do.

L

Lord Tisdale

seadog":lfi111ux said:
"At this time The Football League has met with the current proposed purchasers of the Club but has not approved any application for membership of The League going forwards"

This may seem a daft question but can the team play at Shrews if it is not a member of the league? Regardless of the league share issue. :crazy:

PAFC in Administration is a member of the league and can remain so for another 9 months I think. The issue is transferring the share to the new PAFC 125.

Essentially the Riddler has to show the FL a bank statement with the money in it to prove the football club can fund itself. The transparency issue is something they will somehow sidestep.

It's still about Heaney providing the money.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
Chris Webb":378um9hh said:
Hi All

Received 30 seconds ago............

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for your letter.

Since receipt of your letter we have also spoken with the City Council who expressed the view that whilst they do not entirely agree with the position you attribute to them in your letter, they do recognise the need for a ‘Contingency Plan’ to be considered should the current bid fail.

Regards,

Andy Williamson

Anybody like to expand on the section above?

O

oggyale

ElDuderino":1hw8fvof said:
Chris Webb":1hw8fvof said:
Hi All

Received 30 seconds ago............

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for your letter.

Since receipt of your letter we have also spoken with the City Council who expressed the view that whilst they do not entirely agree with the position you attribute to them in your letter, they do recognise the need for a ‘Contingency Plan’ to be considered should the current bid fail.

Regards,

Andy Williamson

Anybody like to expand on the section above?

My take on this remark is that PCC may have said something totally different to the FL,than what they told the Trust.

Perhaps on the lines of ''we may,or might look into the idea helping the club,but we can't promise that just yet '' etc-etc.

If that is,or were to be the case,then it does not bode well for Brent should he be required to step in anytime soon,especially if knowing PCC may,or may not be very keen on playing ball at the moment..

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Chris
I am sure you posted a copy of your letter to the FL but can't be certain. Could you add it to this thread please so we can all see what you wrote and compare it to the reply. Thanks

Edited to add - can you confirm this isn't today's expected press release by the FL and that we are still waiting for that to arrive.

Or perhaps the council have privately told the trust that it's quite likely that something can be arranged, but would rather not have to confirm that to all and sundry for political reasons? I only say that in the interests of fairness, because the good people of Pasoti on the whole cannot be trusted with an ambiguous sentence.

The suggestion that the Trust have misled the FL is just as plausible, although I personally find it slightly harder to believe.

KeithB

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
Brian Rix would have had a field day with this script! (Apologies to younger readers!)

A

Arch Stanton

Since receipt of your letter we have also spoken with the City Council who expressed the view that whilst they do not entirely agree with the position you attribute to them in your letter,

Will VP or at least a representative for her from PCC be involved in the teleconference of the committee this evening ?
As I believe she was unable to attend the last meeting due to diary commitments..

In order to make the Contingency Plan realistic, it is widely acknowledged that their (PCC) support is not only vital but has to surely be 100% committed to the cause, agreement in principle is not on the menu as far as I am concerned if / when KH/BIL are removed from this process. We have all had enough of fudging the issues now.