WTF has Trev Brooking been taking? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

WTF has Trev Brooking been taking?

O

oggyale

Johnny Paradise":1m5ugkqg said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,19692_6430609,00.html

:? #

No frickin' way

My thoughts too.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Yeah, why would you want a coach who's won a league title in the Eredivisie (and done it outside of the big 3 there) and who is, after a sluggish start, doing a decent job in the Bundesliga?

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Gareth Nicholson":eygeba6a said:
Yeah, why would you want a coach who's won a league title in the Eredivisie (and done it outside of the big 3 there) and who is, after a sluggish start, doing a decent job in the Bundesliga?

Exactly, didn't Sir Bobby do a decent job in various countries, too?

Stevo wasn't ready for the post, but he may just well be ready for it in a couple of years. He'd have no slack, admittedly, but hey, if there's nobody else out there....

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
It will be the 'Special one'

In 2 years he will achived all he can with Real or they will fire him and just missed out on the post this time round.

And for a manager who has one titles in the Premiership, Serie A & Maybe La Liga, what else could/would interest an ambious manager like Jose

The press love him and loves the press

You heard it here first.......

Maybe

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
LiskeardLooney":2qdgmfju said:
It will be the 'Special one'

In 2 years he will achived all he can with Real or they will fire him and just missed out on the post this time round.

And for a manager who has one titles in the Premiership, Serie A & Maybe La Liga, what else could/would interest an ambious manager like Jose

The press love him and loves the press

You heard it here first.......

Maybe

Next England manager will be ENGLISH so said the fa a few months ago

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
And so said Jose, the England manger should be English and the Portugal manager Portuguese or something along those lines. And he'll go to Man Utd after SAF anyway.

If SM continues to do well abroad then why not? Think he may need to prove himself at a big club first but if he carries on like this he'll get that chance.

Sep 13, 2003
Rather have McClaren back than Harry fudging Redknapp.

Sir Trev makes a good point about British coaches not going abroad to learn new footballing culture, new coaching techniques, new language and all the wonders of working in a different country. Lazy twonks.

All we keep hearing is Big Sam loudly chewing his gum and whinging about British coaches not been given the chance to suceed in the UK. Well get off your arse and go abroad (a la Hoddle, Sir Bobby, Venables). Most of the successful European managers hop from country to country.

May 19, 2009
São Plympton
McClaren has a better record than Keegan, Peter taylor, Wilkinson, Venables, G.Taylor and Robson

The only English man in past 20 years to be a fraction more succesfull was Hoddle

:cry:

A

Anonymous

Not sure I'd want to see McClaren back personally. Anyhow, would he ever want the job again if it got offered to him?

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I would not like to see Maclaren back but we don not have an abundance of good English managers, i would hate to see Redknapp ao Allardyce in charge of the England team, maybe Steve Bruce could be a good shout!!

Ian Holloway. Much as I despise the greasy little stoat, I can't help but admire his work. The top English players already have the skill and the tactical ability, just imagine what they could do with Holloway's motivational skills.

I kind of hope that the day never comes when I have to watch him lead out an England team though - I already turn off his interviews to avoid the fawning from the interviewers.

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
Bermudian Green":3q8mrjwf said:
Ian Holloway. Much as I despise the greasy little stoat, I can't help but admire his work. The top English players already have the skill and the tactical ability, just imagine what they could do with Holloway's motivational skills.

I kind of hope that the day never comes when I have to watch him lead out an England team though - I already turn off his interviews to avoid the fawning from the interviewers.

i agree