Derek Adams. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams.

Yay or nay?

• I still want him gone.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Stay please Derek take us to the Championship.

Votes: 165 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I was referring more to substance of words, rather than charismatic gushing about Argyle in a BBC Sport column and elsewhere one minute, then packing his bags and slagging us off as small fry (Eastenders wasn’t it?) the next.

It was a great team though, and I do get the impression now he is a decent man and regrets that episode.

Oct 16, 2016
It’s odd, I rarely but occasionally went to watch Argyle during the successful Championship days in fact I rarely attended football matches at all from the mid 90s through to about 2005. Sky tv and the ‘purification’ of the game turned my stomach, it still does. I don’t hanker for the smell of urine filled concrete troughs etc but fans are still treated like cattle today and looked down upon. I detest the sanitisation of stadiums and the theatre type approach from some of its attendees BUT I fully understand and support the need to prove a safe environment for the crowd so there has to be a trade off for the stands.

So in essence I missed Argyles glory days but I enjoy hearing and reading about them

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Daily telegraph 10th Feb 2008:

'And the last word yesterday? That most definitely went to Plymouth as they delivered a 1-0 winning statement guaranteed to cause most hurt to their former manager. It was their first away victory against these opponents, their first in the Championship since the turn of the year and it left Holloway's record with his new employers showing a desultory four wins in 16 league games. "I'm bitterly disappointed," said the Leicester boss afterwards. "I did not like the look of my team, we lack a leader. I was under siege but where were my team for me?"

It was not his departure from Plymouth that so upset supporters as much as the manner of it. In particular an emotional outburst the previous week in which he reiterated that: "I'm in love with this club". Rumours of a move away he said, were "poppycock, absolutely pathetic". Ten days later Holloway sat behind a microphone at the Walker Stadium and spoke of his delight at joining Leicester. He said it was like moving from the cast of EastEnders into Shakespeare.'

Decent man?? my a**e!! :lol:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Holloway wasn’t as great as people remember. He had an unsubstainable budget and tactics consisted of hoof it to Barry Hayles and wais for Evans’s-Blake to arrive.

Apr 29, 2016
Argyle Nutter":225vql7h said:
I don’t rate the bloke think his stubbornness cost us dear the last 2 years. He stuck with under performing players until he was almost forced to change due to fan pressure when he finally did we then went on a run. I also think he’s lucky to have picked up a few good players but in doing so also brought in too much dross as well. Does nothing but slag off the budget, but from what I hear even when told if he needs a little extra ask & the board will look at it. Never asks then slates the budget again for not being able to bring in players.

So the good players he’s got are luck and the bad players are errors of judgement. That sounds a pretty balanced view.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Let’s just save time and say everything good is luck, and everything bad is the manager’s fault.

There are lots of people who don’t seem to realise how damn hard it is to win football matches on a consistent basis over a long period of time. These are often the same people who prefer to see promotion as ‘the league title blown’ rather than the achievement it was.

They’ll be moaning about the next manager good or bad, and the next manager after that. It’s what football fans do.

Time to pack up my toys again.

May 8, 2011
xmastree":3fhuadom said:
HC Green":3fhuadom said:
Herts_Green":3fhuadom said:
The poll is too simplistic really. He obviously has to stay now as we are finally again playing good football and gathering points but a third disastrous start to a season on the trot has to be the end if it happens. There’s no excuse for the terrible starts in the last two seasons nevetmind a third if that happens.

As a matter of fact, the start of last season wasn’t terrible.

First 12 league games W1 D2 L9. Not terrible at all.

I thought it was the start of the season which was W1, D1, L1 not disastrous at all.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Apart from the first season, the starts have been all pretty poor. Almost getting worse :lol:

It needs sorting, if only because by the time we do start winning, large sections of the fanbase are seriously cheesed off.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Just taking Ruben Lameiras as the catalyst for our change of fortune.
In both of the last 2 seasons, for various reasons, we have had problems in stabilising our defence in the first half of both seasons. This season, in particular, DA has to take responsibility for that. In the previous season, it was more down to bad luck (goalkeeper injuries, sendings off etc.).
In both seasons, when the defence has been stabilised (well, it appears that way now), Ruben has been able to come to the party and demonstrate his offensive qualities.
Until he felt confident with our defence, he considered that Joel Grant was more effective at supporting our struggling defence. In fairness, Grant also found time to look quite effective going forward but not with the same goal scoring effect as Ruben.
Hopefully, DA will have learnt from his experience of the last 2 seasons because, if we have a similar start next season, there will, no doubt, be a much higher percentage of ‘still want him gones’.
That’s not a promise that I will be joining the 16% but I guess we all have our tolerance levels.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":129y86uh said:
xmastree":129y86uh said:
HC Green":129y86uh said:
Herts_Green":129y86uh said:
The poll is too simplistic really. He obviously has to stay now as we are finally again playing good football and gathering points but a third disastrous start to a season on the trot has to be the end if it happens. There’s no excuse for the terrible starts in the last two seasons nevetmind a third if that happens.

As a matter of fact, the start of last season wasn’t terrible.

First 12 league games W1 D2 L9. Not terrible at all.

I thought it was the start of the season which was W1, D1, L1 not disastrous at all.

Hold the front page.ARGYLE win a game before xmas!

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":vny77ff8 said:
djg145":vny77ff8 said:
I notice this thread was started on the 11th Feb 2019, so it is bound to be a positive poll FOR Derek Adams.

If ONLY he could string a few results together BEFORE January, then he would be a brilliant manager.

The other one was started when we couldn't buy a win. As I say, perfect balance I'd say.

The next one will be at the end of the season, just for good measure.

I vote out in the end of season poll.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":33qbbi0e said:
Holloway wasn’t as great as people remember. He had an unsubstainable budget and tactics consisted of hoof it to Barry Hayles and wais for Evans’s-Blake to arrive.

Unbelievable. Either you have a terrible memory or you are totally clueless. I've read some rubbish on here but that beats most.