Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am sure there is more to a Club than the money it pays, Joe Mason is now old enough not to be forced to join a Club of his Agent's choosing purely on the basis of that agent attracting more commission for himself. I have spoken to retired players who have played for a few clubs, both before and after playing for Argyle. They have been very complimentary about Argyle, their welcome, friendliness of staff and the appreciation of supporters they have met outside the Club.
Little things like this could influence Joe Mason's decision. I hope they do.

Sep 2, 2008
IJN":145fv8vg said:
That's a question that has to be asked without a doubt.

Something has happened to make him not a million pound plus player, that's for sure.

As I said earlier, there's a reason why he's a free agent. If there hasn't been any contact from Masons people then I'm hoping that Adams has gone back to his agent and told him to swivel. Hopefully we'll find out soon when Adams does his weekly interview with Errington.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":pssfloyp said:
I think he is coming..

Behave. :twisted:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pottypilgrim":p84ywurt said:
IJN":p84ywurt said:
That's a question that has to be asked without a doubt.

Something has happened to make him not a million pound plus player, that's for sure.

As I said earlier, there's a reason why he's a free agent. If there hasn't been any contact from Masons people then I'm hoping that Adams has gone back to his agent and told him to swivel. Hopefully we'll find out soon when Adams does his weekly interview with Errington.

Adams used to talk to the media on Tuesday's but that seems to have stopped over the last few weeks.
He now just talks to the media on a Thursday and post-match, so we may have to wait until Thursday for an answer on Mason, unless he signs.

D

deanthegreenmachine

demportdave":36xzdegd said:
deanthegreenmachine":36xzdegd said:
Doesn't bother me at all, were safe and gonna finish mid table, he`s had no game time, and the squad is doing just fine, rather we saved the money to keep the quality and backbone to the side we have , and add next season..
Safe? That's a really stupid and complacent thing to say.

Even if we pick up points against Bradford and Rochdale, it's possible we could then lose the next 2 games and be right back in it looking over our shoulder at the relegation places.

As for adding for next season, that is exactly what Adams is looking to do with the signing of Mason. There is a very good chance that either Carey or Lameiras will go in the summer, possibly both of them, so we will need skilful and creative players to replace them.

as i said thats my opinion, and i will stick to it, i think we will stay up with a bit to spare,

Feb 28, 2016
Quintrell_Green":2e8jehli said:
I am sure there is more to a Club than the money it pays, Joe Mason is now old enough not to be forced to join a Club of his Agent's choosing purely on the basis of that agent attracting more commission for himself. I have spoken to retired players who have played for a few clubs, both before and after playing for Argyle. They have been very complimentary about Argyle, their welcome, friendliness of staff and the appreciation of supporters they have met outside the Club.
Little things like this could influence Joe Mason's decision. I hope they do.

Genuine question, is there a club in the land, where a player wouldn’t say their initial/potential welcome wasn’t positive, that the Tea lady, Kit man, Turnstyle staff etc, or even manager/fellow peers, not being friendly or dedicated to the club? (Dare I say this is probably even true at MK Dons!) Or that the fans are awful?

Football clubs by their nature attract people who are complementary of them regardless of how they are treated. I think Masons view of the club and people involved will be much more influenced by people he worked with before he left. Lloyd Jones, Walton, Lecointe, Tyler Harvey, et al.

Feb 8, 2005
All this rubbish about why he would prefer to come to us than any other football club is just that, a load of rubbish.
ALL footballers have a very short career, and they must maximise their returns from playing professionally.
Money talks, and he will go to the football club that will pay him the most wages.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
jimsing":19ezr8sk said:
All this rubbish about why he would prefer to come to us than any other football club is just that, a load of rubbish.
ALL footballers have a very short career, and they must maximise their returns from playing professionally.
Money talks, and he will go to the football club that will pay him the most wages.
bullpoo.

How do you know that?

How do you know he isn’t looking to get his career back on track and regular football that’ll improve him at a club he feels comfortable and that being worth more than just more money each week playing a bit part in a big team?

Mar 14, 2009
I would of thought this would come down to money.

However, normally once a deadline passes DA comes out and talks about the situation. So maybe some hope but for me he has to think football is such a short career. If other clubs are doubling their offer, even if it’s MK Dons, then you have to think about your financial future.

To have three number 10’s of quality l do wonder if we can get Carey, Lameiras and Mason accommodated into a 4-2-3-1, where they play as the 3 CAM’s.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":2dnw89oa said:
I would have thought this would come down to money.

However, normally once a deadline passes DA comes out and talks about the situation. So maybe some hope but for me he has to think football is such a short career. If other clubs are doubling their offer, even if it’s MK Dons, then you have to think about your financial future.

To have three number 10’s of quality l do wonder if we can get Carey, Lameiras and Mason accommodated into a 4-2-3-1, where they play as the 3 CAM’s.

Sarcevic is our current central attacking midfielder but he frequently drops back to form a three man midfield when the opposition team has the ball. Carey's work rate is fantastic and the closing down and work rate from Lameiras has really improved since December but I do think playing Lameiras, Carey and Mason (if he signs) would leave us very open. A good problem to have and we would look great going forward.

Jun 2, 2016
Highly likely at least one of Carey and Lameiras is off end of season so wise to think ahead to a replacement already.
If so then we're only really stumping up cash til end of the season and Mason would take over the salary of G or Ruben next year.
So maybe we can compete on this deal.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Why couldn’t Mason play behind the striker with Carey/Ruben wide and Sarcevic CM with Fox?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Tugboat":p7kwsecp said:
Why couldn’t Mason play behind the striker with Carey/Ruben wide and Sarcevic CM with Fox?

Because our defence is still vulnerable and we need Songo'o to play just in front of the back 4. If we were without Sarcevic for any reason then Adams has used either Carey or Lameiras (less successfully) in that role and brought in someone else to play in a wide attacking role. Personally I would like to see Jephcott given a go there as I think he's a better tackler than Ruben.

I don't see where Mason would play in Adams' formation. I don't think the offer is serious on our part.