RIP Garth (The Bugler) Wright | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RIP Garth (The Bugler) Wright

J

JustOnePost

I hope all you Greens will forgive a post from a Birmingham City supporter, but Garth was a great friend for 20 years and it has been heart-warming to read the tributes to him on this forum.
I went to Home Park with Garth several times over the years and I’m probably a little bit deafer in one ear as a result!
His increasing frailty prevented him from going to see Argyle this season but, rest assured, he did not lose his love for the club. Even in his last week he still wanted to listen to Argyle on the radio.
As others have already said, not only did Garth ‘do his bit’ for his country, he should also be remembered for being the warm-hearted, kind and generous guy he was.
RIP old friend, you were one in a million…

Reactions: greenpig27

Flagman

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 16, 2003
Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland
A true legend in every sense of the word. Loved seeing Garth when I was a regular in the Dem'port and hearing his Bugle.
You will be missed fella. RIP.
Love and thoughts with his family and friends.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
RIP Fellow Pilgrim.

My old man (Born 1912 Died 2006) was a bus driver in Plymouth and a member of the Plymouth Dunkirk Veterans Association so I probably met Garth when I was a tacker!!

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Our family have known Garth for years, an amazing gentleman. The last time I saw him he was collecting for the Plymouth Dunkirk veterans outside a supermarket, didn't he laugh when it was pointed out he was the last one ! RIP wonderful man.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Nice touch by Tesco in Transit Way today. They set up a table near the exit with a framed photo of Garth, a collection tin for the RBL and a pad of Post it - Notes so that customers could leave their messages of condolence. :clap:

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
What a life! & What a contributor to the Green Army! You have my utmost respect Pilgrim Garth, RIP.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Several years ago I was amazed to find out that I was sitting near to a bugle-playing Dunkirk veteran in the Grandstand (and then subsequently saw him recounting his wartime experiences on tv). Really sad to hear of his passing. He will be missed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Is to be held at St Andrew's Church on Monday 4th February at 1400. "All are welcome".

_82122203_82122202.jpg

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Trust the club will be represented.