Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed)

Dec 3, 2005
JannerinCardiff":3uqwljp0 said:
oddball":3uqwljp0 said:
JannerinCardiff":3uqwljp0 said:
dunlop":3uqwljp0 said:
It seems our future is corporate and hospitality events who cares about the football.

I think the view is that the club are trying to build a sustainable revenue stream by having better corporate and hospitality will in turn help the football through having more money.

I agree with this philosophy. We can spend money on players which may or may not pay off, but investing in guaranteed revenue streams will help us in the long term.

Fewer people will be inclined to do corporate with little known teams in division 2 so not a great revenue stream there.plus on non match days how many people are going to troop up to HP and hold an event,very few apart from dog walkers....all pie n the sky...meanwhile take a look at our league position....

It doesnā€™t matter what division Argyle play in for the conference facilities to be a success.. itā€™s about the quality and size of the facilities which I think will be the biggest south west (not including Bristol) Iā€™m sure there are plenty of companies that would want to use facilities of this size. Also Weddings Would bring income.

Yep can see all the Brides looking peeved off when the Groom arranges the reception at HP on a match day lol

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Code:
djg145":19ypkfjg said:
JannerinCardiff":19ypkfjg said:
oddball":19ypkfjg said:
JannerinCardiff":19ypkfjg said:
dunlop":19ypkfjg said:
It seems our future is corporate and hospitality events who cares about the football.

I think the view is that the club are trying to build a sustainable revenue stream by having better corporate and hospitality will in turn help the football through having more money.

I agree with this philosophy. We can spend money on players which may or may not pay off, but investing in guaranteed revenue streams will help us in the long term.

Fewer people will be inclined to do corporate with little known teams in division 2 so not a great revenue stream there.plus on non match days how many people are going to troop up to HP and hold an event,very few apart from dog walkers....all pie n the sky...meanwhile take a look at our league position....

It doesnā€™t matter what division Argyle play in for the conference facilities to be a success.. itā€™s about the quality and size of the facilities which I think will be the biggest south west (not including Bristol) Iā€™m sure there are plenty of companies that would want to use facilities of this size. Also Weddings Would bring income.

Yep can see all the Brides looking peeved off when the Groom arranges the reception at HP on a match day lol

I can see it being a very popular enterprise bringing in extra revenue for the club. You'll be surprised how many weddings could and would be catered for if the venue was good enough. IF the operation is slick enough then attaining the Ā£1million revenue from the facility per year would easily be achieved. Win win for the club as far as i'm concerned.

Aug 5, 2005
djg145":3m50c4hu said:
JannerinCardiff":3m50c4hu said:
oddball":3m50c4hu said:
JannerinCardiff":3m50c4hu said:
dunlop":3m50c4hu said:

Not just the reception - the whole day

Not just the reception - the whole day, ceremony and everything

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
And... I know this is shocking... but there are men AND women who would love to have their wedding and a variety of other significant events at Home Park.

Funnily enough, a rotting hunk of concrete wasnā€™t the most appealing setting for those people, but a high quality banqueting facility will be.

There just isnā€™t a downside for making the grandstand and Home Park in general as nice as it can possibly be, itā€™s completely baffling to read people say otherwise.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
cheshiregreen":32okzj62 said:
Just out of interest, how many EFL clubs have now got conference facilities.

Surely the question should be how many places in Plymouth have conference facilities?

Conferences are more about location than anything.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Willis88":2r1deohw said:
cheshiregreen":2r1deohw said:
Just out of interest, how many EFL clubs have now got conference facilities.

Surely the question should be how many places in Plymouth have conference facilities?

Conferences are more about location than anything.

May be. My point on EFL clubs was to establish whether our financial position puts us as a disadvantage due to the lack of facilities.

On the location point, I am not convinced. A conference facility doesn't have to be for, say, 200 people from a company. It could be used for exhibitions - such as wedding fayres or trade fayres etc.In addition it could also be used for family events - wedding anniversary or 21st parties althoigh these would not be using fuÄŗl capacity..

I personally don't know how much capacity Plymouth has for conference facilities, but, as an occasional returning exile would suggest the hotel capacity in the City is perhaps disproportionately small to places of a similar size elsewhere in the UK.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Biggs":2hhzym96 said:
And... I know this is shocking... but there are men AND women who would love to have their wedding and a variety of other significant events at Home Park.

Funnily enough, a rotting hunk of concrete wasnā€™t the most appealing setting for those people, but a high quality banqueting facility will be.

There just isnā€™t a downside for making the grandstand and Home Park in general as nice as it can possibly be, itā€™s completely baffling to read people say otherwise.
Quite. We had our wedding reception at HP many moons ago and thoroughly enjoyed it - even if there was a minor hiccup with the catering ( which the club generously compensated us for and threw in 2 Hospitality packages too!). Iā€™d highly recommend it as a venue, even more so when the new facilities are in place. :thumbup:

ChepstowGreen

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Biggs":1kkj7l5o said:

Absolutely, even if that comes with a relegation. It would be a step back to take two forward.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
ChepstowGreen":2poxsk8p said:
Biggs":2poxsk8p said:

Absolutely, even if that comes with a relegation. It would be a step back to take two forward.

Yep, league positions are temporary decorations compared to the solid foundations the grandstand provides in a myriad of different ways.

(relegation would still be a catastrophe, though I don't think it will happen)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Confirmation of this (by Chris Errington and with quote from Michael Dunford for those who don't want to believe the Herald ;) )

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ol-2425595

I think we can expect something pretty great, if the guy in charge had the equivalent job at Liverpool and the Shard.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He appears to have a pretty impressive CV. i can only think that he has made the decision to move to the SW to 'live the dream' in the country. I wish him every success both with his executive position and in his personal life.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Wow, looks like an impressive appointment indeed.