Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
After the Southend game we are now 10th in the form table over both the standard 6 games AND 10 games.

And second in the 2019 table :whistle:

Mar 23, 2008
The tide does seem to be turning, hopefully enough to keep us is. Doesn't change the fact it's unacceptable to keep repeating errors leading to a slow start and starting the season so late if we want to progress.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Can't be bothered to have the stupid argument again, but the 'form table' is massively important and a great indicator of where you're at, your momentum, trajectory etc etc. And how exactly do you get up the actual table without good form?

Oct 16, 2016
Argument? Reverse hyperbole at its zenith.

It’d be interesting to understand the depth of ‘form guide’, I’d this form after 2 matches or previous 10 etc?

Oct 31, 2015
2nd bottom in the 2018-2019 form table however I agree things have improved.

Our first back to back wins I think which is a massive step and build on that now for the next 2 home games.

We have a terrible run of games coming up soon

Posh
Pompey
Bradford
Dale
Sunderland
Luton
so we need to make hay now because most of those will be very very difficult games

COYGs

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Current form means absolutely nothing. Form since 1st August is the the only stat worth thinking about.

May 16, 2016
Mark Pedlar":1d90an5f said:
Current form means absolutely nothing. Form since 1st August is the the only stat worth thinking about.

I think the Bookies and anyone who gambles might disagree.

Aug 5, 2016
We aren't going to go down when we are averaging 1.5 points a game like this (over last TEN games). It's not fashionable to admit it but DA has turned things around. We are within striking distance of all the bottom half teams and I'm confident we'll be above most of them come May.

Aug 5, 2016
Mark Pedlar":1d2it93i said:

Well that is the most blinkered piece of nonsense I've read on here in a long time. Argyle were in the relegation zone in December last season and finished 7th after a barnstorming run of results. But of course form means absolutely nothing. Confidence, goals, wins, gritty draws, team spirit and climbing the table week by week is clearly of no consequence in a relegation battle.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Hopefully Biggs keeps posting the form table, as he only posts it when we're doing well and it'll mean we're climbing the table.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mark Pedlar":2yzb3a82 said:

:banghead:

Shanks, this is the sort of argument I was talking about. We had exactly the same thing last season and it was infuriating.

Form. Means. EVERYTHING. As we don't have a time machine and can't alter the start of the season, the only thing we can do is have good form. The form table (Shanks, the 'industry standard' is 6 games) gives us that information, as well as a fairly reliable indicator of our likely trajectory, especially when you look at form over a longer period than 6 games.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Knibbsworth":3rwtjahd said:
We aren't going to go down when we are averaging 1.5 points a game like this (over last TEN games). It's not fashionable to admit it but DA has turned things around. We are within striking distance of all the bottom half teams and I'm confident we'll be above most of them come May.
Agreed.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":4rt7h6ky said:

If we were in the closing games of the season, and massively adrift I'd agree.
As it stands this form means we're gaining more points at the moment than many other teams, and I'll take that.