šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Remember that day well. I was playing for my Uni team which included 2 Bournemouth fans; boy! Did I enjoy giving them stick! .......Payback time 40-odd years later (Look, Where they are now!)as they keep reminding me!

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
Rick Cowdery's book 'On this day' records the four scorers before half-time and states Delve scored the fifth immediately after the break. So my memory of the 0-4 on the board at Swindon appears to be right, not that it matters much. Just wish I'd been there.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Rick is wrong! :greensmile:

I was there and it was deffo 5-0 at half time.

Itā€™s something you never forget.

Sep 17, 2003
Sherborne
I remember it well, biggest scoring game I have ever seen. Never forget John Delve scoring a rare goal (for him).
I was in the RN at the time based at HMS Osprey in Portland, Dorset. I was without transport at the time and remember well hitchhiking and using buses to get from Portland to Bournemouth and back after the game.
The other thing I remember as if it was yesterday was not being able to get down home to buy an Everton ticket as they were all gone. Got one in the end by writing to Everton direct and telling them that I was stranded in the Navy and asking for help. They sent me 2 tickets FOC, stood in what we knew as the popular side (Lyndhurst). Of course I was surrounded by thousands of scousers. Interesting experience :lol:

Dec 9, 2012
I was living in Liverpool at the time and went to see Everton at Goodison that day. They announced the Argyle score at 0-4 ( I thought it was half time) and the announcer made a bit of a thing of it as the cup match was coming up.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
The irony was that the reverse fixture at home was only a 2 - 2 draw in front of over 19,000. I am sure a lot pitched up anticipating a goal feast again. They were disappointed, including me!

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
Ive just consulted Harley's book and glad someone else has confirmed the 0-4. Pity really as IJN's confrontation with Rick could have been interesting. Happy though that mym memory is holding up despite being born at the end of the war.

Aug 17, 2005
Stationed at blandford at the time. Hot the bus Salisbury Bournemouth bus within the camp to get to the.match. also remember get to g tickets for the Everton match and having to pay somebody a fortune to cover my guard duty that weekend. Given it after getting tickets and determined still to go

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Iā€™d argue with Rich but never Harley Lawyer! :greensmile:

How very strange, my memory tells me 5-0 at HT then they came storming back.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I didnā€™t miss a game that season. Great days to be a Green.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
I was 8 years old. Was there with Dad (who was working in the press box). Parked up in a park and walked to Dean Court. Brilliant first half. I think Mike Green scored an own goal which led to their comeback. Cue panic. I then would have to wait around for an hour after whilst he wrote his report. Dad will be chuffed his book is being referenced. I shall send him this link. Cheers.